(单词翻译:单击)
"Who are you who has waked me from my sleep?" she asked.
“你是谁,是你把我从睡梦中叫醒的?”公主问 。
"I am Sigurd, the son of a great warrior.
“我是西格德,是伟大战士的儿子 。
I killed the terrible dragon that guarded the treasure, and then I came to save you."
我杀了守护宝藏的恶龙,我是来救你的 。”
"Who told you that I was here?"
“谁告诉你我在这儿的?”
"The birds sang in the trees and told me of you," said the brave young hero.
“鸟儿在树上歌唱,告诉我你的故事 。”这位勇敢的年轻英雄说 。
"How could you come through the fire, Sigurd?"
“你怎么穿过火的呢,西格德?”
"There was no other way to reach you, beautiful Princess," he answered.
“没有别的办法,美丽的公主,”他回答说 。
"Surely you are a great hero, Sigurd. I was told that one who knew not fear should awaken me, and at last you have come!"
“西格德,你真是个大英雄 。有人告诉我,一个不惧危险的人会唤醒我,你终于来了!”
"Tell me your name, Princess," said Sigurd.
“告诉我你的名字,公主 。”西格德说 。
"My name is Brunhild, and I am the daughter of a great king.
“我叫布伦希尔德,是一位伟大国王的女儿
Many years have I slept here, because no man dared come through the wall of fire.
我在这里睡了许多年,因为没有人敢穿过这堵火墙 。
But you are the bravest of all heroes!"
但你是所有英雄中最勇敢的!”
"And you are the fairest princess in the world, Brunhild!" said the young warrior.
“你是世界上最美丽的公主,布伦希尔德!”年轻的勇士说 。
So Sigurd saved the princess, and when people heard what he had done, there was great joy.
于是西格德救出了公主,大家听到西格德所做的一切后,都非常开心 。
As the years went on, Sigurd did many other brave deeds and won many battles, so that his name became known in every land.
随着岁月的流逝,西格德做了许多勇敢的事情,赢得了许多战役,他的名字传遍了每一个国家 。
But wherever the stories of Sigurd's victories were told or sung,
但无论西格德胜利的故事被传颂到哪里,
people loved best to hear of the killing of the dragon and the saving of Brunhild.
人们最爱听屠龙拯救布伦希尔德的故事 。