(单词翻译:单击)
"I wish you would come with me," said Hans.
我希望你能跟我一起走,汉斯说 。
"After I find the pearls, you could help me to get back to the king's palace very fast.
在我找到珍珠后,你可以帮我迅速回到王宫 。
For I am going to work for the king's beautiful daughter as soon as I take back the pearls."
如果我把珍珠取回来,便可以为美丽的公主效力了 。
"If that is so," said the giant, "I think I will go with you."
如果事情是那样的话,我想我会跟你一起走的,巨人说 。
The two walked along together, until they saw what Hans thought was a large, round stone ahead of them.
两人一起走着,他们前面出现了一个庞然大物,汉斯以为是一块又大又圆的石头 。
But when they came to it, the boy saw that it was another giant, lying asleep by the roadside.
但是走到近处才发现这又是一个巨人,他正躺在路边睡觉呢 。
"I will cut some branches from a tree to shade that poor fellow's face," said Hans. "The sun is so hot that it will hurt his eyes."
我来从树上砍一些树枝,遮住这个可怜家伙的脸,汉斯说,太阳太毒了,会伤到他的眼睛的 。
At these words the first giant laughed aloud.
听到这些话,第一个巨人大声的笑了 。
"Oh! Oh!" he cried, "Don't you know who that is? That is a neighbor of mine.
哈哈,你不知道他是谁吧?巨人大声说道,他是我的一个邻居 。
He has the strongest eyes in the world.
他的眼力是世界上最好的 。
He can see a fly on the leaf of a tree that is a mile away."
他能看到一英里以外树叶上的苍蝇 。
The loud laugh woke the sleeping giant, who opened his great eyes and looked in surprise at Hans.
巨大的笑声吵醒了睡梦中的巨人,他睁开了他那双大大的眼睛,惊奇的看着汉斯 。