(单词翻译:单击)
"Ask for gold," whispered the first servant.
要黄金,第一个仆人低声说道 。
"Ask for diamonds," whispered the second one.
要钻石,第二个仆人低声说道 。
"I will not ask for diamonds or gold," said Simpleton. "I wish for nothing, O King, but a good beating."
我不要黄金也不要钻石,傻蛋说 。我什么都不想要,国王陛下,只求一顿狠打 。
"Come, come!" said the king. "Do you call that a good wish? You must be joking."
什么,什么!国王说 。那真是你想要的吗?你一定是在开玩笑吧?
Simpleton made a bow and said, "I wish for nothing but a good beating."
傻蛋鞠了一躬说道,我只想要一顿狠打 。
"Very well," said the king. Then he asked a man to take the lad away and give him fifty strokes.
国王说,好吧 。说完便让人来把这孩子带走赏他50大板 。
Up spoke Simpleton: "But this reward is not mine," he said. "I must not take it.
傻蛋急忙说,这个奖赏不是给我的,我一定不能领受 。
The keeper of the door would not let me come in until I had promised him half of my reward.
因为我答应了把我一半的奖赏给门卫,他才让我进来 。
Then I had to promise the other half to the keeper of the stairs before he would bring me here.
我又答应把另一半奖赏给楼梯侍卫,他才让我进来 。
I must keep my promises. Let the servants have my reward."
我必须遵守诺言 。让这两个仆人得到我的奖赏 。
The king said to the two servants, "Well, you asked for a reward, and you shall have it.
国王对两个侍卫说,好吧,既然你们要了奖赏那你们就该得到 。
You shall each have half of the fifty strokes."
你们俩各挨25大板 。
At that everyone laughed but the two servants, who were at once led away to get their rewards.
听到这里,在场的人都笑了,只有这两个仆人没有笑,他们很快被带来下去受罚 。
Then the king turned to Simpleton and said, "As for you, my lad, tell me your name."
国王转过身来对傻蛋说,至于你,我的孩子,告诉我你叫什么 。
"My brothers call me Simpleton," said the boy. "They sent me away from home."
我的哥哥们叫我傻蛋,男孩说 。他们把我从家里赶了出来 。
"You shall stay here in my palace," said the king. "I need just such simpletons as you."
你可以留在我的宫殿里,国王说 。我就需要像你这样头脑简单的人 。
So Simpleton lived happily all his life at the king's palace.
于是傻蛋快快乐乐地在王宫里度过了一生 。