(单词翻译:单击)
Tippy Elephant's Hat
小象提比的帽子
In the story you have just read, an old rabbit learned a lesson.
在你刚刚读过的那则故事中,年老的兔子学到了一课 。
In this story a baby elephant learned that her very best joke was not funny at all.
而在这则故事中,一只小象知道了自己认为最有趣的玩笑根本毫无趣味 。
Tippy Elephant's Tricks
小象提比的恶作剧
Tippy was a gray baby elephant who lived in the circus with Mother Elephant.
提比是只灰色的小象,跟她的象妈妈生活在马戏团里 。
"Why, oh why, do they call me Tippy?" asked the baby elephant one day.
“为什么?为什么他们叫我提比?”有一天小象问道 。
"Because you tip around so," said her mother.
“因为你脊背总是前后一上一下的,”象妈妈说,
"You put your front feet down so hard that you always tip up behind.
“你把前脚压得低,后面便会翘起来 。
And when you go down on your hind feet, you always tip up in front."
把你的后脚压得低,前面便会翘起来 。”
"But I like tipping that way," said Tippy Elephant, jumping around in the straw.
“但我喜欢这样 。”小象提比一边说,一边在稻草上来回地跳 。
Now there was another thing that Tippy liked to do.
现在,提比又有另外一件喜欢做的事了,
It was to stamp hard with her right front foot.
那便是用她的右前脚在地上重重地踩下去 。
Splash, splash, it would go as Tippy stepped into the water when her keeper brought her a drink.
哗!哗!当动物饲养员领她去喝水的时候,她就狠狠地踏进水里 。
Smash, smash, it would go as she stamped on a wooden box.
咚!咚!她重重地踩在木箱子上 。
Bang, bang, it would go as she smashed a little boy's balloon.
砰!砰!她将小男孩的气球踩破 。