(单词翻译:单击)
The Simpleton
傻蛋的故事
This story is about a boy who was always doing strange things.
这则故事讲述了一个行事古怪的男孩 。
His brothers thought that he did not know very much, and called him a simpleton.
他的哥哥们认为他不谙世事,便叫他傻蛋 。
Find out if this was good name for him.
看看这个名字对他来说是不是名副其实 。
One fine day a boy was walking down the road, jingling some money in his pockets.
在一个天气晴朗的日子,一个男孩走在大路上,他拨弄着口袋里的钱币叮当作响 。
After a while he met a farmer with a basket on his arm.
不一会儿,他遇见了一个手提篮子的农夫 。
"Good-morning," said the boy. "What have you in your basket?"
早上好,男孩说 。你的篮子里有什么?
"Nothing for you," said the farmer crossly.
没有什么能给你的,农夫蛮横地说 。
So the boy went on, jingling his money.
于是男孩继续走他的路,仍旧让钱币叮当作响 。
"What is that noise I hear?" called the farmer.
我听到的是什么声音?农民回过头问道 。
"Oh," said the boy, "that is the money my brothers gave me.
哦,那是我哥哥们给我的钱 。
They say I am a simpleton; so they gave me some money and sent me away from home."
他们说我是个傻蛋;于是给我了一些钱,把我赶出了家 。男孩说 。
The farmer liked the sound of Simpleton's money.
听到钱的声音农民非常高兴 。
"See here!" he said. "I have a very fine goose in my basket, and I will sell it to you."
看这!他说 。我的篮子里有只上好的大肥鹅,我要把它卖给你 。
"That is such a fine goose," said Simpleton, "that I will be glad to buy it."
嗯,这确实是只上好的大肥鹅,傻蛋说,我会很高兴买下它 。
At once he gave the farmer the money and took the goose.
他马上把钱给了农民,拿走了这只鹅 。
As Simpleton started to walk down the road, he saw a beautiful palace on a green hill.
傻蛋准备继续赶路,他看到在郁郁葱葱的山间有座美丽的宫殿 。
"Whose palace is that?" he called to the farmer.
于是他问那个农民,那个宫殿是谁的?
"Oh!" laughed the farmer. "What a simpleton you are!
哈!农民笑到 。你可真是头脑简单啊!
Have you never heard of the king's palace? Our great king lives there."
你难道就从来没有听说过王宫吗?那儿住着的可是我们伟大的国王 。
"If that is where the king lives," said Simpleton,
傻蛋说,如果那儿就是国王的住所,
"I will take my goose to the palace and give it to him." On he went, singing merrily.
我要把我的肥鹅带到王宫献给他 。说完他向前走去,边走边欢快地唱着歌 。