(单词翻译:单击)
The Cat and the Fox
猫和狐狸
One day, a cat climbed a mountain.
一天,一只猫爬上了一座山。
When he reached the peak, he met a fox.
当他到达山顶时,他遇到了一只狐狸。
They began talking about how to get away from their enemies.
他们开始讨论如何摆脱敌人。
"I am very smart.
“我很聪明。
I have the potential to think of billions of ideas.
我有潜力想出数十亿个点子。
For instance, I can carve a tiny hole in a tree and then climb in,"the fox said.
例如,我可以在树上刻一个小洞,然后爬进去,”狐狸说。
He added,"I have a lot of friends.
他还说:“我有很多朋友。
If l am in trouble, I can call them to lend their help.
如果我有困难,我可以打电话给他们寻求帮助。
I can escape a whole army if I have to!"
如果有必要,我可以逃离一整个军队!”
Then, the fox asked,"What are your plans?"
然后,狐狸问:“你有什么计划?”
The cat said,"I have only one plan. Climb a tree."
猫说:“我只有一个计划。爬树。”
The fox said,"I hope you have good fortune, then!
狐狸说:“那么,祝你好运!
However, one plan does not seem to be adequate.
然而,一个计划似乎是不够的。
Do you want me to be your tutor? I can help you develop many new plans.
你想让我做你的家庭教师吗? 我可以帮你制定很多新计划。
The cat said,"I guarantee that my plan works every time. We can quit talking about it."
猫说:“我保证我的计划每次都能成功。 我们可以不谈这个了。”
Soon, they saw a group of wolves.
很快,他们看到了一群狼。
It was clearly an emergency and the time to put plans into action The cat quickly followed her plan.
很明显,这是一个紧急情况,是时候把计划付诸实施了。
She ran up a tree.
她跑上了一棵树。
The fox was so full of intense anxiety that he could not decide which plan to use.
狐狸非常焦虑,他不知道该用哪个计划。
"What should my initial move be? Should I consult my friends?"
“我的第一步应该是什么? 我应该和我的朋友商量一下吗?”
All he could do was spin in a circle.
他所能做的就是在原地打转。
The wolves caught the fox.
狼群抓住了狐狸。
The cat was full of pride.
这只猫充满了骄傲。
This is proof that having one good plan is better than having many bad plans.
这证明有一个好计划比有许多坏计划要好。
