(单词翻译:单击)
The Starfish
海星
Last summer l took a trip to an island.
去年夏天我去一个小岛旅行。
I had a lot of fun.
我玩得很开心。
I sat and watched the waves and listened to the ocean.
我坐着看海浪,听大海的声音。
I learned to identify birds.
我学会了识别鸟类。
I discovered pretty things and enjoyed the taste of new foods.
我发现了漂亮的东西,享受了新食物的味道。
It was a very nice time.
那是一段非常美好的时光。
One evening I took a pleasant walk by the ocean.
一天晚上,我在海边愉快地散步。
When the waves came in, many starfish fell on the beach.
海浪来袭时,许多海星落在海滩上。
Some starfish went back into the water, and they were safe.
一些海星回到了水里,它们是安全的。
But other starfish were still on the sand.
但其它海星还在沙滩上。
They would die if they did not get into the water.
如果不回到水里,它们就会死。
There were many star fish on the beach that night.
那天晚上海滩上有许多海星。
It made me sad, but I knew l could not fix the problem.
这让我很难过,但我知道我无法解决这个问题。
I stepped very carefully so l did not damage them.
我走得很小心,以免弄伤它们。
Then I saw a little girl.
然后我看到一个小女孩。
She was also sad about the starfish.
她也为海星感到难过。
She wanted to prevent all of them from dying.
她想阻止所有海星死去。
She asked me if l could perhaps help her.
她问我是否可以帮助她。
"I don't think we can do anything," I said.
“我想我们什么也做不了,”我说。
The little girl started to cry.
小女孩哭了起来。
She sat back against a rock and thought for a while.
她靠在一块石头上,想了一会儿。
Finally, the emotion was gone.
最后,这种情绪消失了。
She stopped crying and stood up.
她停止了哭泣,站了起来。
Then she picked up a star fish and threw it into the water.
然后她捡起一条海星,把它扔进了水里。
"What are you doing?" I asked her.
“你在干什么?”我问她。
But she did not answer me.
但她没有回答我。
She just threw as many starfish as she could.
她只是尽可能多地扔海星。
"You cannot save all of them!" I said.
“你救不了所有的海星!”我说。
She stopped to look at me.
她停下来看着我。
"No, I cannot save them all," she replied.
“对,我不能救所有海星,”她回答。
Then she picked up a very big starfish and said,"But I can save this one."
然后她捡起一只很大的海星说:“但是我可以救这一只。”
And then she smiled and threw the starfish as far as she could into the ocean.
然后她笑了笑,把海星尽可能地扔进了海里。
