(单词翻译:单击)
square peg in a round hole
格格不入
They tried hard to be accepted into these cliques.
她们努力地尝试进入这些很“酷”的小团体。
The only problem was, they stood out like sore thumbs.
题在于,她们实在太格格不入了。
Patty was brainy and wore glasses, and Lauren was overweight and had braces.
帕蒂带眼镜,充满书卷气;劳伦体重超标,还带牙箍。
Thankfully, two other square pegs accepted them.
幸好,另外两个“异类”接受她们。
Most Chinese will have a hard time adjusting to the new life when they just arrive in the U.S.
大多数中国人刚到美国的时候都觉得很难适应新生活。
The langruage is different, the food is different, the culture is different, and the list goes on.
语言不同,食物不同,文化不同,等等等等。
If you feel like a square peg in a round hole, It's only natural.
如果你觉得自己格格不入,那是很正常的。
Good thing is, most Americans are very friendly.
好在美国人大都非常友善。
As long as you try hard enough ,you will fit in sooner or later.
只要你努力尝试,迟早都会融入他们的圈子。
I have made up my mind.I am quiting.
我决定了,我要辞职。
Mind telling me why?
介意告诉我原因吗?
I don't think I have finesse for the job.I'm like a round peg in a square hole.
我想我不适合这工作。有点格格不入的感觉。
If that is the case ,It's not a bad idea to quit.
如果是这样,辞职倒也是个不错的主意。
Being stuck in a job that doesn't really fit you is bad for your heath or at least that's what I read in a book.
长时间做一份不适合自己的工作对健康不好,至少书里是这么说的。