我是布莱克(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第63期 布莱尔的遗信
日期:2017-06-13 07:26

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
They call this a "pauper's funeral" because it's the cheapest slot, at nine.
他们管这个叫 "贫民葬礼" 因为早上九点是最便宜的时段
But Dan wasn't a pauper to us.
但对我们来说 丹绝不是贫民
He gave us things that money can't buy.
他给我们的关爱 千金难买
When he died, I found this on him.
他去世后 我从他身上找到了这封信
He always used to write in pencil.
他习惯用铅笔写字
And he wanted to read it at his appeal but he never got the chance to.
他本想在申诉时读的 但再也没有机会了
And I swear that this lovely man, had so much more to give, and that the State drove him to an early grave.
他是个满腔热情的人 本有大把机会回馈和奉献 是政府让他过早地离开了我们
And this is what he wrote.
他是这么写的
"I am not a client,"
"我不是客户"
"a customer, nor a service user."
"不是顾客 也不是服务用户"
"I am not a shirker, a scrounger, a beggar, nor a thief."
"我不是懒人 不是小偷 更不是乞丐窃贼"
"I'm not a National Insurance Number or blip on a screen."
"我不是一串社保号码 不是屏幕上的一段数据"
"I paid my dues, never a penny short, and proud to do so."
"我按时纳税一分不少 我为此深感自豪"
"I don't tug the forelock,"
"我不向权贵卑躬屈膝"
"but look my neighbour in the eye"
"诚心对待邻里"
and help him if I can.
"尽我所能伸出援助之手"
"I don't accept or seek charity."
"我不接受 更不寻求施舍"
"My name is Daniel Blake. "
"我的名字 是丹尼尔·布莱克"
"I am a man,"
"我是堂堂正正的人"
"not a dog."
"不是街边乞怜的狗"
"As such, I demand my rights."
"我在此讨回本属于我的权利"
"I demand you treat me with respect."
"并要求你们以尊重之心待我"
"I, Daniel Blake, am a citizen,"
"我 丹尼尔·布莱克 是一个公民"
"nothing more and nothing less."
"无所奢求 无可妥协"
Thank you.
谢谢
重点讲解

charity
慈善机构(或组织)
Many charities sent money to help the victims of the famine.
许多慈善机构捐款赈济饥民。
The concert will raise money for local charities.
这场音乐会将为当地慈善机构募捐。

grave
死亡;去世;逝世
Is there life beyond the grave (= life after death) ?
人死后有来生吗?
He followed her to the grave (= died soon after her).
他紧跟着她离开了人世。
She smoked herself into an early grave (= died young as a result of smoking).
她因抽烟而早逝。

touch your forelock to sb
tug your forelock to sb

(BrE, disapproving)
to show too much respect for sb, especially because you are anxious about what they think of you
(对某人)必恭必敬

shirk
shirk from sth
shirk from doing sth

to avoid doing sth you should do, especially because you are too lazy
逃避(工作);躲懒
Discipline in the company was strict and no one shirked.
公司有严格的纪律,没有人偷懒。
A determined burglar will not shirk from breaking a window to gain entry.
一个决计要下手的窃贼会不惜破窗而入。
She never shirked her responsibilities.
她从不逃避自己的职责。


视频及简介
该片讲述了布莱尔逝世的故事。


分享到