生活大爆炸 第八季:第4集 霍华德打算买下漫画书店(下)
日期:2017-03-27 14:03

(单词翻译:单击)

I don't know what Emily's so upset about anyway. Even if I had slept with him, so what? Everyone has a past. Almost everyone has a past.
真不明白Emily为什么这么在意这件事。就算我和他上过床,那又怎样?每个人都有过去啊。大多数人都有过去。
Come on, look how pretty you are. I'm sure this isn't the first girl to hate you.
别这样,你这么漂亮。她肯定不是第一个讨厌你的女孩。
It's not. And I'm sure you can turn it around.
确实不是。你肯定能改变这种状况的。
How? You can't force someone to like you.
怎么改变啊?你总不能逼着别人喜欢你吧。
What if you just hang around and act like her friend until you wear her down? I mean, next thing you know, you're in her home, you're eating her food, drinking her wine.
不如这样,你就假装是她朋友一样和她玩,直到你的耐心打动她。不知不觉的,你就可以去她家里,吃她的东西喝她的酒了。
No, that won't work. You're right. Cheers.
不行,不靠谱。说得对,干杯。
Oh, I know. Why don't you use your sales training to go back down there and sell yourself? What?
我知道了。何不试试用你学过的销售知识回去推销你自己呢?什么?
Yeah. But instead of selling a drug, you'd be selling Penny...it's cute. It's stupid.
没错。只不过这次卖的不是药,而是Penny... 多可爱啊。多蠢啊。
Well, maybe people would like you more if you didn't crap all over their ideas.
好吧,你要是不这样直接否定别人的意见的话,就没那么招恨了。
I'm gonna go with Penny on this one. Then again, why wouldn't I? I mean, we go way back.
我觉得Penny说得对。为什么不呢?我们这么多年的好朋友了。
Oh, my God. I didn't used to like you. Shh. Amy's here now.
天啊,我以前根本都不喜欢你。嘘,Amy就在你旁边呢。
You know, the more I think about it, the more intrigued I am about having our own store.
知道吗,我越来越想要真的和你们一起开一家漫画书店了。
We'll get to see all the new stuff before it hits the shelves.
那样我们就可以在新书上架之前就看到内容了。
And we'll get to have fun interactions with our customers. "This isn't a library...buy it or get out."
我们还可以开心的和顾客聊天:"这里不是图书馆... 买不买不买滚。"
You say things like that all the time.
你其实一直都说这种话的。
Yes, but as a store owner, I'll finally have a good comeback to, "You don't work here...shut up."
是啊,不过我要是店主的话,就有话可以回复:"这又不是你的地盘... 闭嘴吧。"
Uh, do you know how Penny told Raj he should have left her off his list? Yeah.
呃,你知道Penny跟Raj说他不应该把她当做前任吗?听说了。
Well, do you think when she and I had that conversation, she left people off her list?
那你觉得我跟她讨论这个问题的时候,她也藏了些别的前任了吗?
I'm sure she did. Why?
肯定的啊。为什么?
Because if she hadn't, she'd still be wading through the list.
因为如果她没有藏的话,她说到现在都说不完。
Will you stay out of this? If only Penny had said that once in a while.
你能别说话吗?希望Penny也就说过那么几次吧。
Hey, what difference does it make? You're the one she wants to marry. That's true.
嘿,有什么区别吗?她想嫁的人是你啊。这倒是真的。
Yeah, and I'm not sure that complete honesty is always the best thing for a relationship.
而且我也不确定在二人世界里,完全的坦诚是不是最好的选择。
Yeah, he's right. Once, in a moment of candor, I told Amy that her hair reminded me of a duck caught in an oil spill. Well...she stormed out.
他说得对。有一次,我特别坦诚地告诉Amy,她的头发让我想起浸在油里的鸭子。然后...她摔门而出。
Which was sad, because we were playing Scrabble, and I had all the letters to spell "persimmon."
太悲伤了。因为那时候我们正在玩拼词游戏,而我刚刚拿到能拼出"柿子"的字母
Why are you even part of this conversation? You don't know anything about women.
你插什么嘴?你一点都不懂女人。
I know that if I had a wife or a fiancée, I'd ask her first before I invested money in a comic book store.
至少我知道,如果我有老婆或者未婚妻的话,像投资漫画书店这样的事,我一定会问问她的意见的。
He's right. Yeah, well, of course I am. I was also right about her hair. It did everything but quack.
他说得对。是啊,当然对了。她头发那件事我说的也没错。除了不会嘎嘎叫。
There's something I wanted to run past you. What's up?
有件事我想听听你的意见。怎么了?
Mm, the guys and I were thinking about investing in Stuart's comic book store. Is that okay?
呃,我们几个想投资给Stuart的漫画书店。你怎么看?
Why are you asking me?
你为什么问我?
Well, you know, we're engaged, and it's kind of a big deal financially. It seems like something we should talk about.
我们毕竟订婚了,而这件事也算是财务方面的大事。我觉得还是问问你的意见比较好。
Oh. Well, would you consider mounds of credit card debt kind of a big deal financially? Yeah. Huh.
这样啊。那你觉得成堆的信用卡账单是理财方面的大事吗?是啊。哈。
Mm. So, me and the guys were talking about this great investment opportunity...-Nope.
那个 我们几个最近在讨论一个超赞的投资机会...-不行。
But you didn't hear what it was. I know. Oh, come on. Fine. What is it?
你还没听我说完呢。是啊。别这样嘛。好吧,什么计划?
It's to help reopen the comic book store. -Nope. Well, hear me out.
帮Stuart把漫画书店重新开起来。-不行。听我说完啊。
Howard, you know we're saving up for a house.
Howard,我们在存钱买房呢。
I know, but all the guys are doing it. We're splitting it four ways, so it's really not that much money.
我知道,但是他们几个都想这么干。我们四个一起投资,所以也花不了多少钱。
It just seems like a risky investment.
可是这投资看起来风险有点大。
I get that. I...Okay, look...The reason this is important is...before my dad left me and my mom...he used to...take me to the comic book store.
我知道。可是...好吧,是这样...我那么想投资漫画店是因为...我父亲离开我和母亲之前...他经常... 带我去漫画店。
It was one of the few things we did together.
去漫画店是曾经我和老爸为数不多的回忆之一。
Oh. Howie, I had no idea.
Howie,我以前不知道。
Well, I don't...like to talk about it.
嗯,我不太想... 不太想说的。
Oh, baby. That story's made up, isn't it?
哦,宝贝。这故事是瞎编的,对吧?
That's how much buying a comic book store means to me.
这恰恰说明我是有多想投资漫画店了。
I'd like your honest opinion on something. Of course.
我想就某事问问你的意见。当然可以。
Now, before I start, I need you to know that I'm very excited about this,
在我说之前,我得说我对这件事情非常感兴趣。
and anything you say that isn't enthusiastically supportive will throw our entire relationship into question.
你说的任何观点如果不是热情支持的话,可能会极大地影响咱俩的关系。
So...keep an open mind.
那么...听听我的想法啊。
I'm feeling a little backed into a corner, Sheldon.
我觉得有点小怕,Sheldon。
Perfect. Now...I'm considering investing in Stuart's comic book store.
很好。那么...我打算投资Stuart的漫画店。
Interesting. Can you see how a grown man, an accomplished scientist, who invests in a store that sells picture books about flying men in colorful underwear...
很有趣。那么你觉得一位成年人并且是很有成就的科学家,投资到一家商店。店里卖的是画册,画的是穿着五颜六色内裤的飞人...
might be wasting both his financial and intellectual resources? No.
这样会不会可能浪费他的财力和智力呢?不会。
Then I think it's a terrific idea. Great. Wait till you hear about our van.
那么我觉得这点子很棒。太好了。我先给你介绍我们的拉客车。
Hey. -Hi. -Thanks for inviting us over. Oh, thank you for coming.
嘿。-嗨。-谢谢请我们过来。感谢你们愿意来。
Uh, listen, Penny, before you start, I just want to apologize for being so rude the other day in my office. No, no. No need to apologize.
听着,Penny,在你讲话前,我想为先前在办公室里我对你的粗鲁道歉。不不,不用道歉。
Excuse me, can I say something? I just love both you guys, and I want you to get along.
打扰,我能说些话吗?我真是太爱你俩了,我想让你们好好相处。
And when I say "love" I meant as a friend. And, uh, way too soon, right?
我说"爱"你,是指朋友的"爱"。呃,现在表白还过早?
Okay, sit down. Listen, Emily, what happened between me and Raj was a long time ago.
好,坐下吧。听着,Emily,我和Raj之前发生的事是很久以前了。
It was, and I may have made it seem like a bigger deal than I should have.
确实,而且我曾经把这事太过当真了。
Yeah, and Leonard and I are engaged now, and I'm just hoping we can put this whole thing behind us.
没错,现在我和Leonard在谈恋爱,我只是希望我们能够一起忘掉这事。
Mm. I'd like that, too. Yeah, I thought I'd be okay with it, but then I saw how pretty you are.
我也想这样。嗯,我想我也没问题,但是当时我看到你那么漂亮。
Oh, that's so sweet. I mean, look at you, you are gorgeous.
哦,你嘴真甜。我是说,瞧瞧你,你也很美。
It's true...you're both gorgeous. Kind of says something about the man who could bed you both.
没错... 你俩都很美。是不是侧面说明能把你们俩都上了的男人多么优秀啊。
You get why I've been alone most of my adult life.
你现在明白为啥我总是单身了吧。
So, what brings you by?
什么风把你俩吹来了?
Well, I don't need a reason...it's my house.
嗯,我俩来不需要理由... 这是我家。
Technically, it's your mom's house, but...we certainly want you to feel welcome.
严格意义上说,这是你妈家。但...对你的到来,我们很欢迎。
I'm always welcome. Mm, just...try and call first.
我一直很受欢迎。嗯... 下次来之前打个招呼。
Okay, let's get down to business. Howie was thinking about putting up some money to help you reopen the store, but before that happens, I have a few questions.
好吧,先说正经事。Howie考虑给你的漫画店投资,帮助你重新开店。但在那之前我有几个问题。
I appreciate the offer, but actually your mother already gave me the money. What?
我很感谢你们的帮助,但是你妈已经把钱给我了。什么?
Yeah. I told her it was too much, but she said she was happy to help out her bubala.
你没听错。我还说给的太多了,但是她说他很乐意帮助她的小亲亲。
Excuse me. Ma, you are canceling that check, and Stuart is not your bubala; I'm your bubala. You can't have more than one bubala!
失陪一下。妈,你得把那支票撕了。Stuart不是你的小亲亲,我才是。你不能同时有两个小亲亲!
I don't know who he's talking to. She's at Target, buying me shirts.
我不知道他在和谁说话。他妈已经跑到超市帮我买衣服去了。
I'm so glad we could work this all out. -Yeah, me, too.
我真是很高兴你俩能和好。-我也是。
You know, we should have dinner one night with you and Leonard. Oh, we would love that. Great!
你知道吗,我们应该哪天一起共进晚餐,带上Leonard。哦,那样太好了。不错!
Okay, good night, guys. - All right, night. -Bye. I hate her.
好吧。晚安。- 好。晚安。-再见。我讨厌她。
I'm really disappointed we're not gonna have our own comic book store.
我对不能拥有自己的漫画店感到无比失望。
I know. I was looking forward to it.
我懂。我原本很期待的。
It would've been so nice to have a place that was ours, where we could just sit and read comics in peace.
如果有我们自己的漫画店有多好,我们就可以坐下来安静地看书。
With comfy seats. And snacks. Well, I guess it was too good to be true. Yeah. Ahh...
舒服的座位。还有零食。也许这愿望只能想想了。是啊。哎...

分享到