(单词翻译:单击)
Greetings. Hey. I brought Amy here to show her some of the work I'm doing.
大家好 我带了艾米来看看我的工作
It's very impressive, for theoretical work.
对于理论工作来说很不错了
Do I detect a hint of condescension?
我好像察觉出一点屈就的意味
I'm sorry, was I being too subtle?
抱歉 我说得太间接了吗
I meant compared to the realworld applications of neurobiology, theoretical physics is what's the word I'm looking for? hmm, cute.
我是指跟神经生物学在现实中的应用相比 理论物理就是怎么说好呢 小巫见大巫
Are you suggesting the work of a neurobiologist like Babinski could ever rise to the significance of a physicist like Clark Maxwell or Dirac?
你这是暗指神经生物学家巴宾斯基的成就能上升到物理学家克拉克·麦克斯韦或是狄拉克的程度吗
I'm stating it outright. Babinski eats Dirac for breakfast and defecates ClarkeMaxwell.
直截了当地说 巴宾斯基把狄拉克当早餐再排泄出克拉克·麦克斯韦
You take that back.
你给我收回那话
Absolutely not. My colleagues and I are mapping the neurological substrates that subserve global information processing,
绝不我和同事们正在绘制神经基质 有利于促进全球信息处理
which is required for all cognitive reasoning, including scientific inquiry, making my research ipso facto prior in the ordo cognoscendi.
这种研究既要求认知推理也包括科学探索 由此事实可见 我的研究在认知序列上更高一层
That means it's better than his research, and by extension, of course, yours.
这就说明比他的研究更高级 由此可推 当然也胜过你们
I'm sorry, I'm I'm still trying to work on the defecating Clark Maxwell, so...
不好意思 我的大脑还停留在理解排泄克拉克·麦克斯韦上
Excuse me, but a grand unified theory, insofar as it explains everything, will ipso facto explain neurobiology.
不好意思 但是统一场理论在一定程度上解释了万物 由此事实可见 也能解释神经生物学
Yes, but if I'm successful, I will be able to map and reproduce your thought processes in deriving a grand unified theory,
是没错 但要是我成功了 我就能绘制和再现你演算出统一场理论的思维加工过程
and therefore, subsume your conclusions under my paradigm.
因此你的结论也得纳入我的范式
That's the rankest psychologism, and was conclusively revealed as hogwash by Gottlob Frege in the 1890s!
那是卑劣的心理主义早在19世纪90年代就被费雷格板上钉钉为是胡言乱语
We appear to have reached an impasse.
看来我们陷入了僵局
I agree.I move our relationship terminate immediately. Seconded.
同意 我决定立即终止我俩的关系 赞同
There being no objections... ...the motion carries. Good day, Amy Farrah Fowler.
还有异议吗 那么立即执行 日安 艾米·菲拉·福勒
Good day, Sheldon Cooper.
日安 谢尔顿·库珀
Women, huh? Can't live with them, can't successfully refute their hypotheses. Amen to that.
女人哈 没法和她们过日子 也没法反驳她们的各种假设 上帝保佑
Hey, Sheldon. Hello.
好呀 谢尔顿 你好
I hear you broke up with Amy.
听说你和艾米分手了
A breakup would imply she was my girlfriend. She was a girl who was my friend who is now a girl who is not my friend.
说"分手"的话就说明她是我女朋友 她是个女孩 曾经是我朋友 现在她还是个女孩 但不是我朋友了
Wow. That's like the worst country song ever. So, how are you doing?
听着像史上最烂乡村民谣 你感觉如何
Regarding what? Amy. I don't follow.
什么感觉 和艾米分手 我不懂
Well, breakups or whatever the hell this is can be tough.
分手...不管你怎么叫 总是很难受的
Penny, I assure you, I'm fine. My relationship with Amy was purely intellectual, there were no emotional bonds, the severing of which would cause me any discomfort.
佩妮 放心 我没事 我和艾米只是纯粹智力上的关系 没有丝毫感情色彩 所以我也没有任何痛苦
The relationship simply outlived its utility, and I'm continuing on with my life as before.
这段关系只是失去效用罢了 我也像从前一样继续生活
Okay. Good.
好吧 不错
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy a pussycat.
我得先走了 要去买一只小猫咪
I gotta tell you guys, I'm a little worried about Sheldon.
这事儿必须跟你们说一下 我有点担心谢尔顿
We're all a little worried about Sheldon.
我们都有点担心谢尔顿
No, I mean since the Shamy hit a reef.
我是说自从谢米恋搁浅后
Oh, I thought you were just making a generalization:
我还以为你是一概而论呢
"You know, I'm worried about Sheldon someday setting off a lowyield nuclear device because the cafeteria ran out of lime JellO."
“我担心谢尔顿 可能他某天会因为在咖啡馆吃不到酸橙果冻就去引爆一个低爆炸力核装置”
What does "hit a reef" mean?
搁浅是啥意思
Uh, went splitsville. Pardon? Turned to boomboom.
一拍两散 啥 就是"屎了"
I think Sheldon really misses Amy. You should lend him your copy of Bombay Badonkadonks.
我觉得谢尔顿真的很想念艾米 你该把你的那本《孟买美妞翘臀》借给他
He got a cat to keep him company. You're kidding.
他找了只猫作伴 不是吧
He takes it everywhere: to bed, to the bathroom.
他上哪儿都带着 不管是卧室还是洗手间
He takes the kitty to the potty?
他带猫咪用便壶吗
I thought we discussed the Pword.
我们不是说好不用这词儿了么
Don't try to change me, dude.
别想着改变我 老兄
I am what I am.
哥就是哥
Oh, gentlemen. Hey. Aren't you going to introduce us to your little friend?
先生们 不给我们介绍下你的小伙伴吗
My apologies. Raj, Howard, I'd like you to meet Dr. Robert Oppenheimer.
不好意思 拉杰 霍华德 这位是罗伯特·奥本海默博士
Hello. Hi. Now, if you'll excuse me, the father of the atomic bomb wants a saucer of milk.
你好 失陪一下 原子弹之父现在要来一碟牛奶
Okay, I get it. We're worried about Sheldon. Yeah.
我懂了 的确该担心谢尔顿 是吧
Hey. Oh, no. Robert Oppenheimer was lonely.
回来了 不是吧 奥本海默(美国制造原子弹计划的代号)太孤单了
So you decided to get the whole Manhattan Project?
所以你要把整个曼哈顿计划的人都找来吗
Yes. This is Enrico Fermi, Richard Feynman, Edward Teller, Otto Frisch and Zazzles.
对 这位是恩里科·费米、理查德·费曼、爱德华·泰勒、奥托·弗里希还有犀利哥
Zazzles? I was going to name him Hermann von Helmholtz, but he's so zazzy.
什么鬼名字 我本想给他取名为赫尔曼·冯·赫尔姆霍兹 但他实在太犀利了
Okay, we need to talk. About what?
好吧 我们得谈谈 谈什么
Cats, Sheldon. You're clearly upset about Amy being gone, and you're trying to replace her with a bunch of cats.
猫呗 谢尔顿 显然艾米走后 你很难受 所以你想用一堆猫来代替她
Clowder. What? A group of cats is a clowder. Or a glaring.
一群猫 啥 不用一堆 而要用一群或者是一窝子
Okay, yeah, fine. It's the kind of thing you ought to knownow that we have one.
好吧 我懂了 既然我们现在与猫为伍 我觉得有必要给你扫盲一下
Terrific. My point is, you need to face up to what you're feeling with this breakup.
很好很强大 我的意思是你得坦然面对这次分手
It wasn't a breakup. A breakup would imply that Amy was my girlfriend. Okay, I got it, I got it; she's not your girlfriend.
这不是分手 那样的话就说明她是我女朋友 好吧 我知道了 她不是你女朋友
Now listen to me. I know about loneliness. I know about trying to replace someone with other stuff.
听我说 我知道孤单一人的感觉 也明白要借其它事物来寻求安慰
When I broke up with Penny, I got back into my cello, I built a bunch of model rockets, I got those weightlifting gloves and that fivepound dumbbell.
我那会和佩妮分手后我又重新开始拉大提琴 还搭了不少模型火箭 我还买了举重手套和五磅重的哑铃
You didn't break up, she dumped you.
你那不叫分手 是佩妮甩了你
She didn't dump me. It was mutual!
她才没甩了我 这是互相的
I was there. She dumped you.
我就在场 是她甩了你
Okay, fine. Live with cats. Be like my Aunt Nancy. She had dozens of them. And do you know what happened after she died? They ate her.
好吧 随你吧 跟猫一起住吧 跟我南希姨妈一样 她就跟几十只猫一起住 你知道她死后怎么样了吗 猫把她给吃了
You don't have to sell me on cats, Leonard. I'm already a fan.
不用再跟说服我喜欢猫了 莱纳德 我已经喜欢了
All right, fellas, who's in the mood for Fancy Feast? Well, that's not fancy at all.
好了小家伙们 谁想来吃点珍喜(普瑞纳公司出的猫粮罐头)猫罐头 这可一点都不喜人
Hi, Mrs. Cooper. Thanks for coming.
你好 库珀夫人 谢谢你赶来
Where is he? He's in his bedroom.
他人呢 在他卧室
Now, when you said on the phone he broke up with a girl, you meant an actual girl, not something you kids whipped up in a lab?
你在电话里说的他跟个女孩分手了 是指真的女孩吧 不是什么你们在实验室造出来的那种
No, she's real.
不 是真的人
Did they sin?
他们做了违反教规的事吗
No, no, it's not like that. It's, uh... I don't know what it's like. But there is something I should prepare you for.
不 不是那样的 是...我不知道怎么描述 但有些事请你作好心理准备
Oh, relax, Leonard, I have raised that boy. I've seen him at his best, I've seen him at his worst. There's nothing he can do that'll surprise me.
放心吧莱纳德 他是我一手拉扯大的 最好的我见过 最坏的我也见过 没什么能让我吃惊的了
Hold on to that thought.
话别说这么早
Come in. Surprise.
请进 吃惊吧
Mom, what an unexpected pleasure.
妈 真是意外之喜
My, my, that's a powerful smell.
天 好大一股味
I'd like you to meet Oppenheimer, Frisch, Panofsky, Feynman, Weisskopf...
向你引见奥本海默 弗里希 潘诺夫斯基 费曼 维斯可夫
Yeah, I get it. You got a lot of cats and you gave 'em cute Jewish names.
好了 我明白了 你养了很多猫还给它们起了可爱的犹太名字
What are you doing here?
你来这干嘛
Leonard called. And he said that you were pining for a young lady.
莱纳德打电话给我的 他说你为伊人消得人憔悴
Oh, that's preposterous. I'm not pining over anyone.
那太可笑了 我才没有为谁憔悴
Oh, lambchop, we can quibble what to call it, but I think we can both agree it's creepy.
哦小羊排 我的说法或许不合适 但我们都同意 这事儿让人毛骨悚然
I do not agree. Cats make wonderful companions.
我才不同意 猫是很好的伙伴
They don't argue or question my intellectual authority, and this little guy here, I think you'll find to be quite zazzy.
不会跟你吵也不会质疑你的才智权威 还有这个小家伙 你们会发现它实在太犀利了
You should have called sooner.
你真该早点打给我的
Shelly! Dinner's ready! Coming! No cats!
谢利 吃饭了 来了 不许带猫
What is she doing here? I called her.
她来这干嘛 我打给她的
Your mother thinks you might be losing your mind over me. As a neurobiologist, I was curious.
你妈妈认为你可能正因我失魂落魄 作为神经生物学家 我很好奇
Well, rest assured, I am in full possession of my faculties.
放心 我心智完全正常
25 cats! Oh, God bless you, dear.
25只猫 上帝保佑你 亲爱的
Sheldon, sit down. Let's talk.
谢尔顿 坐下 我们谈谈
All right, but you're not fooling me. Whenever you say we have to talk, it means you want me to listen.
好吧 但不许骗我 每次你说我们谈谈都只许你说我听
Then stop talking. Yes, ma'am.
那就闭嘴 是 长官
Now, the reason I called Amy over was to find out what type of person she is.
我找艾米过来的原因是想看看她是哪种人
And after chatting a bit, I have to say that while she is a perfectly unique young woman, you two are definitely not suited for each other.
跟她聊了一会后我不得不说 虽然她是个绝对特殊的女士 你们俩完全不适合对方
That's a peculiar conclusion. By any standard, Amy is more similar to me than anyone I've ever met.
这结论真奇怪不管以任何标准来衡量 艾米都比我认识的任何人跟我更像
Oh, I'm sorry, Shelly, I can't see it.
抱歉谢利 我看不出来
Well, whether you see it or not is irrelevant. I can't see subatomic particles, but nevertheless, they're there.
你看不看得出来没关系 我也看不到亚原子粒子 但不论任何它们就是存在的
Excellent point. A physics point. Touche
绝妙的观点且是物理学观点 讲得好
Well, putting aside the pig Latin, it's a good thing that you two decided to end the relationship so I didn't have to end it for you.
别卖弄拉丁话了 很高兴看到你们决定分手 就省得我来拆散你们了
Amy, after consideration, I believe we may have acted rashly.
艾米 再三考虑之后我觉得我们可能决定得太草率了
I propose we resume our relationship and attempt to resolve our differences.
我建议我们重新开始并尝试解决双方差异的障碍
I'll agree to that only if you'll stipulate that 80% of our difficulties were caused by you.
除非你认可我俩之间80%的障碍都是你造成的
I'll go as high as 40. Sixtyfive. Done.
我只认可占40% 你占65% 成交
You understand that moving forward, we deal with the fact that my mother does not approve of you?
你明白我们继续的话 我们得面对我妈并不认可你的现实
I do. I find being cast in the role of bad girl oddly titillating.
我明白 我发现扮演个坏女孩的角色竟让我很兴奋
Would you like to see my cats?
想看看我的猫吗
I would. I love cats. They're the epitome of indifference.
想 我喜欢猫 它们是独善其身的典范
Ah, then you may find Zazzles a little cloying.
你会发现犀利哥有点烦人
I saw what you did there.
我可算看出来了
He thinks he's such a smarty pants. He's no different from any man. You tell 'em not to do something, certainly that's all they want to do.
他一向自以为聪明 其实跟其他人没什么不同 你让他们别去做什么他们就想做什么
If I hadn't told my brother Stumpy not to clear out the wood chipper by hand, we'd still be calling him Edward.
要不是我让我弟弟矮胖墩别用手去清理碎木机 他就不会有这外号 还是爱德华了
Now, don't you move. I'll bring over all the food.
还有 你坐着别动 我来把菜搬过来
No, no, no, I can do it. Well, isn't that sweet?
不不不 我来就行 真是太给力了
Thank you, Amy. Here's your cat. And here's your $20.Next!
谢谢你 艾米 给 你的猫还有你的20美元 下一个
Thank you, Amy. Here's your cat. And here's your $20. Next.
谢谢你 艾米 给你你的猫还有你的20美元 下一个