威士忌探戈狐步舞(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:最大利益
日期:2016-10-11 09:47

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Okay, I don't care who the hell's in there. I'm Kim Baker. Go on in, Kim.
我不在乎那里面是谁,我是金姆·贝克 进去吧,金姆
Jerry's expecting you.
杰瑞在等你
Well, that's fucking unsatisfying.
真是让人不爽
Can I take your bag?
能替你拿包吗
Yes. Please.
好,谢谢
Would you care for some water?
你需要喝点水吗
Yes.

I should've Googled you. I've been... I've been using all the wrong swear words.
我应该谷歌一下你的 我一直...一直在用各种 错误的骂人语言
Well, I hope I didn't ruin your big moment.
希望没有毁掉你的重要时刻
Look, Geri, I don't know what Tucker has been telling you.
听我说,盖里,我不知道 塔克跟你说了什么
He said that you're upset about the air time you're getting.
他说你对自己的播出时间不满意
That's just wrong, because this is not about me.
不是那样的,这不是为了我
My frustration is with our priorities and what's best for the network.
我担心的是我们的优先方向以及电视台的最大利益
Isn't deciding what's best for the network my job?
决定对电台最好的策略 难道不是我的工作吗
I'm just saying, as journalists, we have an obligation to this story.
我只是说 作为记者,我们对这个故事有义务
And Afghanistan should be on our air more, period.
阿富汗应该暂时多上一些新闻
With the resources we have over there, Afghanistan should definitely be on our air more.
凭借我们在那里的资源 阿富汗绝对应该多上节目
But the problem is, as much as everyone loves the troops, they don't actually want to watch them on the news anymore. They just don't.
但问题是,只要大家都爱士兵 他们就不会想再在电视上 看到大兵出现 他们就是不想看
So I can't give Afghanistan more air.
所以我不能给阿富汗更多播出时间
Which means I need to give Afghanistan fewer resources.
这意味着我需要给阿富汗 更少的资源
That's what's best for the network.
那才是对台历最好的
You have that call now.
你有个电话

重点讲解

expect sb 等待;期待;盼望:
to expect a visit / call / letter from sb
等待某人的来访/电话/来信
Are you expecting visitors?
你在等客人吗?

not care for sb / sth 不喜欢
He didn't much care for her friends.
他不太喜欢她的朋友。

upset (about sth) | ~ (that...)难过;不高兴;失望;沮丧:
There's no point getting upset about it.
犯不着为此事难过。

a high / low priority 重点/非重点项目
Education is a top priority.
教育是当务之急。
Our first priority is to improve standards.
我们的头等大事是提高水平。

obligation 义务;职责;责任:
We will send you an estimate for the work without obligation (= you do not have to accept it).
我们将寄上工程估算,仅供参考。

视频及简介
本片讲述一个会讲英语的记者被派往阿富汗首都喀布尔,在那里记录战时当地平民的生活,充满了荒诞的故事。


分享到