看电影《全民情敌》学英语第46期:莎拉的心早已设防
日期:2013-11-11 19:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

a

Women will remain seated.
小姐们留在原座
Men will rotate to the left at the buzzer.
先生们轮流向左换位子
So trade your talk time when you hear...
交换谈话时间请听…
You get two minutes each, four minutes total.
每个人有两分钟,总共四分钟
If it's mutual, you get numbers.
如果彼此合意,就留下电话
the gong.
这个锣声
If not, better luck next time, okay?
如果不合,下次会更好
Ladies, take your seats.
小姐们,请就座
Case, you are a living testimonial to the triumph of hope over experience.
雀喜,你是希望战胜经验的典范
Thanks for coming.
谢谢你肯来
I know it's lame. I'm sure it's the last thing you feel like doing.
我知道这很蠢,你很不喜欢这样
I really prefer Rachmaninoff to the heavier romantic composers.
我觉得拉赫曼尼诺夫很浪漫
But despite the pan-Germanic anti-Semitism...
撇开泛日耳曼的反犹太主义来说…
I'd still have to say my favorite is Wagner.
我还是得说我最喜欢华格纳
Nice talking to you. - Thank you. Bye.
谈话愉快 谢谢你,拜
Bye.

Excuse me.
抱歉
That's my seat, man.
那是我的位子
My name is Ron. I'm 28.
我叫朗恩,28岁
Albert Brennaman is a good man.
亚伯特是个好人
In fact, Albert Brennaman is a great man.
事实上,他是很棒的人
I just got out of a five-year relationship.
我才刚结束一段五年的感情
I'm a lot of fun at parties. I like dogs...
我喜欢参加派对、喜欢狗…
And then you're mad at me for what I do for a living?
所以你是气我的工作?
I've already got your number...
我已经有你的电话了…
so why don't you go consult your conscience?
你何不回去好好反省一下?
Albert is in love with her. - Just like Sebastian?
亚伯特爱她 跟赛比一样?
Is there a problem? - No, just one sec.
有问题吗? 没有,等一等
What do you have against Allegra anyway? - Nothing.
你对艾莉桂有什么不满? 没有
My interest is protecting women from assholes like you.
我想保护女人 远离你这种混蛋


妙语佳句

1.rotate to
向左换位;向左旋转
To rotate to the left, use a negative number.
要向左旋转,请使用负数。

2.do for a living
为了生计而做
There's always that moment at a party when someone asks what I do for a living.
聚会的时候,总是有那样一些时刻,有人会问我何以为生。

剧情百科

在莎拉陪雀喜参加快速约会的时候,圣泰找到了莎拉并尝试着解释,但是莎拉并不对圣泰的解释买单,并对圣泰产生了深深的怀疑……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.It will distract you from the important tasks ______ ______, especially the task of enjoying your work.
这会令到你从手头重要任务上分心,特别是那些你正在享受工作的任务。

2.Pick one ______ ______ and jump into it.
随机选择一个并且开始投入进去。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.We adhere to the principle that everyone should be treated fairly.
我们坚持人人都应该被平等对待这一原则。

2.There is no need to pick at him all day long. He's a child after all.
不要老是对他唠唠叨叨, 他毕竟还是个孩子嘛!

分享到
重点单词
  • gongn. 锣 n. 奖章
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • principlen. 原则,原理,主义,信念
  • consciencen. 良心,责任心,顾忌
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • consultv. 商讨,向 ... 请教,查阅
  • negativeadj. 否定的,负的,消极的 n. 底片,负数,否定
  • adherevi. 坚守于,对 ... 忠贞,紧抓着,遵守 vt.
  • distractvt. 转移,分心
  • testimonialn. 证明书,奖状,奖品,表扬信,感谢信 adj. 证明