看电影《全民情敌》学英语第26期:放手的艺术
日期:2013-09-23 17:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Allegra, over here, please. - Miss Cole, this way.
艾莉桂,看这里 珂儿小姐,看这边
Hi, there. - This was a fantastic idea.
你好 这主意真是太棒了
Great. One more.
老天,真对不起 没关系
I suppose. Hey, where's Maggie?
我也这么想,玛姬呢?
Late as usual.
习惯性迟到
Tonight I want you to meditate on the image of an iceberg.
今晚我要你想着冰山的样子
Do you know why I want you to do that?
知道这是为什么吗?
Because I'm cool?
因为我很酷?
No. - I know, I'm not.
不是 我知道,我不酷
I'm saying that you are an iceberg...
你就像一座冰山…
in that over 90%% of your mass is below the surface.
有九成的体积隐藏在水面下
I know I'm heavy. I am.
我知道我很胖
I'm talking about who you are. It's a metaphor.
我说的是你的人,这是比喻
Accounting, business...
帐务、工作…
all of that is just a small part of a much deeper, richer Albert.
那只是一小部份 真正的亚伯特是更有内涵的
One more.
再来一张
It's gonna be loud in there...
那里会很吵…
so this is our opportunity to break the touch barrier...
你可以很自然的突破…
in a non-sleazy way.
碰触障碍
So get to where it's loudest. Ask her if she'd like a drink.
到最吵的地方去,问她要喝什么
Lean in, place your hand on the small of her back...
靠上去,把手放在她腰后…
and say it in her ear like a secret.
像说秘密一样的对着她耳朵问
Watch your hand placement. Too high says, "I just wanna be friends."
手放太高代表:“我只想当朋友”
Too low says, "I just wanna grab some ass."
太低代表:“我只对你有性趣”
Friends. Ass. Me.
朋友、性、我


妙语佳句

1.meditate on
沉思
You have to talk to yourself; you must meditate on what you want to have.
你必须不断反省;你必须沉思那些你想拥有的一切。

2.barrier
n. 障碍物,屏障;界线
vt. 把…关入栅栏
Some people experience shyness as a barrier to communication, but this can be broken down gradually.
有些人觉得羞怯成为交际上的障碍,但这是可以逐渐克服的 。

剧情百科

在嘈杂的地方越有机会打破身体碰触的壁垒,亚伯特听得圣泰讲得头头是道,但是做起来又会怎么样呢?……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.It was a long ______ ______ the Great Wall to the beacon tower on the peak.
还要沿着长城爬很长一段路,才能爬到顶峰的烽火台。

2.There have been reports of poultry ______ ______ in her village.
有报道称,病人所在的村庄有家禽死亡情况。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.A red shirt leader later called on supporters to pull back to the main protest sites.
一位红衫军领导人呼吁支持者们撤回抗议地区。

2.After three days of high fever, she began to pull round.
发高烧三天之后,她开始好转。

分享到
重点单词
  • beaconn. 烟火,灯塔
  • fevern. 发烧,发热,狂热 v. (使)发烧,(使)狂热
  • massn. 块,大量,众多 adj. 群众的,大规模的 v.
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • metaphorn. 隐喻,暗喻
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • barriern. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物
  • meditatev. 想,考虑,计划
  • protestn. 抗议,反对,声明 v. 抗议,反对,申明
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信