看电影《辛普森一家》学英语第37期:归家的路途遥远而艰辛
日期:2013-10-18 18:46

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

This is it, kids. SeattIe.
我们到了,孩子们,这就是西雅图
Russ CargiII! Do you think he saw us?
罗斯?卡吉尔!你觉得他看到我们了吗?
Yes, I did.
是的,我看到了
Run! Run! Run! Run! Run! Run!
跑!快跑!跑!快跑!跑!快跑!
Jump! Jump! Land! Land!
跳!跳!落地!落地!
Rest! Rest! Run! Run!
休息!休息!跑!快跑!
Now, I know we've had a rough day. . .
好啦,我知道大家今天都很辛苦…
but I'm sure we can put aII that behind us and
不过我相信大家可以克服这些困难
That's my whipping arm!
不要咬挥鞭的胳膊啊!
Why does everything I whip Ieave me?
为什么我鞭打的东西最终都要离我而去呢?
Must keep going. Must keep going.
继续走,继续走
No, I can't. I can't keep going.
不,我不行了,我走不动了
Yes, you can. No, I can't!
走!你能行的!不,我不行了
Oh, shut up! You shut up.
闭嘴吧!你闭嘴
No, you. No, you.
不,你,不,你
No, you. Oh, reaI mature.
不,你!哦,你真行
How couId you say that?
你怎么这么说?
Oh, what's the point?
有什么意义呢?
It's hopeIess.
帮帮我
Don't give up, Homer. You are cIoser than you think.
别放弃,荷马,道路并非你想象般艰难
But which way do I go?
但我该往哪边走呢?
Much obIiged.
多谢


妙语佳句

1.whip
vt. 抽打;煽动;搅打(蛋,奶油);彻底击败
n. 鞭子;抽打;车夫;[机] 搅拌器
vi. 抽打;急走;拍击
The racer lashed the horse across the back with a whip.
赛马手用鞭子抽打着马背。

2.mature
adj. 成熟的;充分考虑的;到期的;成年人的
vi. 成熟;到期
vt. 使…成熟;使…长成;慎重作出
I'll let you have an answer after mature consideration.
我考虑成熟后再给你回答。

剧情百科

霍默茅塞顿开之后马上向家人们飞奔而去,但没想到路途遥远,艰难困苦阻碍,他最后能到达目的地吗?……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the properwords

1.She said admissions officers ______ ______ ______check English ability through e-mail exchanges.
她说,招生官员花费了大量的经历通过电子邮件检查英语能力。

2.Although businesses fail for ______ ______ ______reasons, the underlying issues are surprisingly common.
虽然公司的失败会有众多原因,不过其根本问题却惊人的相似。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.I shall call at his home tomorrow.
我明天要到他家里拜访。

2.They came formatted or blank so not such a big deal.
它们被格式化了或者是空白的这并不重要。

分享到
重点单词
  • considerationn. 考虑,体贴,考虑因素,敬重,意见 n. 报酬
  • underlyingadj. 在下面的,基本的,隐含的
  • roughadj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的
  • matureadj. 成熟的,(保单)到期的,考虑周到的 v. 成熟