看电影《辛普森一家》学英语第11期:霍默和费兰德斯
日期:2013-08-20 09:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Rough day, huh, son?
心情不爽是吗,孩子?
You don't know what rough is, sister.
你根本不知道什么是"不爽",嬷嬷
Bart, you know, whenever my boys bake up a batch of frownies. . .
巴特,我家孩子不开心时
I take them fishing. …
我就带他们去钓鱼散心
Does your dad ever take you fishing?
你爸爸有带你去钓过鱼吗?
Dad, it's not fair to use a bug zapper to catch the fish.
爸!拿灭虫器来逮鱼可不太厚道!
If you Iove fish Iike I do, you want them to die with dignity.
如果你和我一样对这些鱼充满关爱之情 就会希望它们带着尊严,庄重的赴黄泉
I think I have a nibbIe.
有鱼咬钩啦
I think fishing might be more fun with you.
和你一起钓鱼应该更有趣吧?
Oh, great. Now, how about I fix you some cocoa?
太好了,我帮你冲杯可可吧?
No way. Cocoa's for wusses.
少来啦,可可是女孩子喝的
WeII, sir, if you change your mind, it's on the windowsiII.
要是你改主意的话…就到窗台这儿来拿啊
Oh, my God.
哦,天啊!
Oh, wait. I didn't teII you the best part. He Ioves the environment.
等一下,最精彩的地方忘和你说了 他关注环境问题
Oh, wait! I stiII didn't teII you the best part. He's got an Irish brogue.
不对,那不是最精彩的地方 他有着爱尔兰人特有的神情
No, no, wait! I stiII didn't teII you the best part.
不,等一下!那还不是最棒的地方
He's not imaginary!
他是活生生、真实存在的!
Oh, honey, that's great.
亲爱的,这太好了
But the very best thing is that he Iistens to you.
不过最重要的是,他愿意聆听你的心声
Because nothing means more than for a man to--
因为对男人来说,这点是最…
How did the pig tracks get on the ceiIing?
猪蹄子印怎么跑到天花板上了?
Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig
蜘蛛猪,蜘蛛猪
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does
施展浑身解数,尽显蜘蛛猪神威
Can he swing from a web?
它能游走于蜘蛛网吗?
No, he can 't, he's a pig
当然不行,它归根结底还是猪呀
Look out He is the Spider-Pig
当心啊,它是蜘蛛猪


妙语佳句

1.a batch of
一批
The factory has already phased out a batch of production equipment.
这家工厂已经淘汰了一批生产设备。

2.dignity
n. 尊严;高贵
We have to recur to arms for guarding our national dignity.
为了捍卫国家的尊严,我们不得不诉诸武力。

剧情百科

霍默和费兰德斯的对比是非常鲜明的,看来一个好的父亲能让一个家庭温馨起来,然而一个像霍默的父亲,这个家庭一定会……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.All that left to do is to ______ ______ the rest of that powder.
现在只要把外面那些粉末吹掉就好。

2.______ ______the candles on your cake!
把蛋糕上的蜡烛吹熄吧!

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.When things have gone badly for us, I've tried my best to do my bit to improve the team and that's all.
当我们身陷困境时,我能做的就是尽我所能带给球队帮助。

2.It worked so well that it led to a sequel that proved every bit the first film's equal.
这部电影拍得如此完美,以至于后来的续集完全证明了第一部电影中所说的每一点。

分享到
重点单词
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇
  • environmentn. 环境,外界
  • roughadj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的
  • imaginaryadj. 想象的,虚构的
  • tracksn. 轨道(track的复数);磁道;轮胎
  • dignityn. 尊严,高贵,端庄
  • powdern. 粉,粉末,细雪,火药 vt. 洒粉于,使变成粉,重