影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第39期:伊丽莎白回家了
日期:2012-09-04 09:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.
伊莉莎白,妳回来了真好
Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London.
妳姨父母从伦敦送珍回来
How is Jane? - She's in the drawing room.
珍还好吗? - 她在绘画室
I'm quite over him. If he passed me in the street, I'd hardly notice.
我已忘了他,若他和我在街上 擦身而过,我也不会注意到
London is so diverting. It's true.
伦敦实在很有趣,真的
There's so much to entertain.
有好多事可以消遣
What news from Kent?
肯特郡有什麽事?
Nothing.
没什麽
At least not much to entertain.
至少没什麽可消遣的
Lizzie, tell Mama!
伊莉莎白,告诉妈妈
Stop making such a fuss.
小凯,别再闹了
Why didn't she ask me as well? - Because I'm better company.
她为什麽不也问我? - 因为我较好相处
What's the matter? - I've just as much right.
怎麽回事? - 我也是
Let's all go.
我们全都去
Lydia's been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.
福斯特家族邀莉蒂亚 一起去白莱顿
Sea-bathing would set me up nicely.
海水浴会对我有益
I shall dine with the officers every night.
我每天晚上都能和军官晚餐
Papa, don't let her go.
爸爸,别让她去?
Lydia will never be easy until she's exposed herself in some public place.
莉蒂亚要在公开场合才会自在
And we could never expect her to do it with so little inconvenience.
这里这麽不便 她永远不会自在
If you do not check her,
若你不看着她
she'll be fixed as the silliest flirt who ever made her family ridiculous.
她会像个愚蠢浪荡女 并让她的家族蒙羞

重点解释
妙语佳句:
fuss:忙乱
例如:I don't know what all the fuss is about...
我不知道为什么要这样大惊小怪的。
He just gets down to work without any fuss.
他刚刚静下心来开始工作。
fuss over someone意思是过分体贴
例如:Auntie Hilda and Uncle Jack couldn't fuss over them enough.
希尔达姨妈和杰克姨父对他们宠爱有加。

expose:使暴露
例如:For an instant his whole back was exposed.
一瞬间,他整个背部都露了出来。
The Budget does expose the lies ministers were telling a year ago...
预算案无疑揭穿了部长们一年前所说的谎话。

剧情百科常识:


参加舞会的还有宾利的好友达西(Darcy)。他仪表堂堂,非常富有,收入是宾利的数倍,许多姑娘纷纷向他投去羡慕的目光;但他非常骄傲,认为她们都不配做他的舞伴,其中包括简的妹妹伊丽莎白(Elizabeth)。达西(Darcy)对宾利说,她(伊丽莎白)长的可以“容忍”,但还没到能引起他兴趣的程度。伊丽莎白自尊心很强,决定不去理睬这个傲慢的家伙。可是不久,达西对她活泼可爱的举止产生了好感,在另一次舞会上主动请她同舞,伊丽莎白同意和达西跳一支舞,达西由此而逐渐对伊丽莎白改变了看法。

考考你:
我不会在这件小事上与他计较。
有人揭发他就是个奸夫和白痴。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
I think it's disgusting the way the goverment keeps putting up taxes.
She wanted to sever all her connections with the firm.
I want to leave the surface of earth, elope to the moon!

分享到
重点单词
  • exposevt. 揭露,使暴露,使曝光,使面临
  • flirtn. 卖弄风骚的人,调情的人 vi. 掠过,轻率对待,调
  • exposedadj. 暴露的,无掩蔽的,暴露于风雨中的 v. 暴露,
  • inconveniencen. 不便,困难 vt. 使 ... 不便,使 ...
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • fussn. 大惊小怪,小题大作,强烈不满或争吵 vi. 无事自
  • fortunateadj. 幸运的,侥幸的
  • budgetn. 预算 vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算 vi.
  • severv. 切断,脱离,分开
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的