(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
本剧主要讲述住在纽约长岛的西佛一家的日常生活故事,是中国大陆较早引进的国外情景喜剧,在中国从1990年一直播出至1994年。1990年代初期一经播出就引发了收视高潮,片中迈克开朗调皮的形象为广大观众所喜爱。而剧中西佛医生对子女采取启发式教育的方式,也让观众得到启示。
Mike: I can't believe it, how did you get them?
迈克:真不敢相信,怎么弄到的?
Jason: Well, Mike, your Mom and I made a big decision: we could either afford to send you to a college or we could get those tickets. What do you think?
詹森:我今天和你妈妈做了个决定,要么花钱让你进大学,要么用钱去买这些票子,认为怎么样?
Mike: You made the right choice. I can't believe it, two tickets to Springsteen. Wait till I tell Jerry. He's gonna freak.
迈克:我认为你的选择太对了,太好了,是两张斯密斯卡的票子,嘿,杰米要是知道了会发疯的。
Jason: Hey, wait a minute. Show some compassion. When Jerry finds out we are going. It's gonna kill him. We don't wanna rub it in.
詹森:嗨,算了,迈克,可怜可怜他吧,嗨,算了,迈克,可怜可怜他吧,他会气死的,我不想伤害别人。
Mike: Right, right.
迈克:对,对。
Jason: Hey, Mike you don't really mind going to the concert with your old man.
詹森:我说迈克,你不介意和你爸爸一起去听音乐会吧?
Mike: No, no.
迈克:不,不。
Jason: You're sure?
詹森:真的吗?
Mike: Yes, Dad this is going to be great.
迈克:是真的,这样好极了。
Jason: I mean you don't wanna take one of your buddies?
詹森:是否更想和哪位伙伴一起去?
Mike: No.
迈克:不。
Jason: You don't want to take Jerry?
詹森:你想带杰米去吗?
Mike: No.
迈克:不,不。
Jason: Peggy Zelinski?
詹森:佩吉-泽林斯基?
Mike: No, Dad. I wanna go with you, really.
迈克:不,我想和你一起去。
Jason: Well, alright. Then, let's call Jerry and rub it in. Just kidding.
那好吧,咱们就打电话气气杰米,开个玩笑。
重点讲解
1. freak
a. 奇异的, 反常的
He was really confused by the freak result.
这个异乎寻常的结果让他非常困惑。
2. compassion
n.同情,怜悯
Compassion must come with devotion and dedication. That is the real compassion.
慈悲必须有虔诚的付出才是真正的慈悲。
3. rub it in
[美俚]反反复复地提到别人不愉快的事情
(故意)触人痛处
I know I made a mistake but there's no need to rub it in.
我知道自己做了错事,可也不必老提这个。