(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
本剧主要讲述住在纽约长岛的西佛一家的日常生活故事,是中国大陆较早引进的国外情景喜剧,在中国从1990年一直播出至1994年。1990年代初期一经播出就引发了收视高潮,片中迈克开朗调皮的形象为广大观众所喜爱。而剧中西佛医生对子女采取启发式教育的方式,也让观众得到启示。
Reporter: Tell me Sir, isn't it unusual for a father and son to attend a rock roll concert together.
记者:请问先生,你认为父子一起来听今晚的摇滚乐,是不是件不寻常的事?
Jason: No, no way. Not in our family not in any family that loves each other, right?
詹森:噢,不,不是,在我们家很平常,我们相互有着深厚的感情,对吗?
Reporter: Young man, anything you'd like to say to your friends at school?
记者:年轻人,你想和你的同学说几句话吗?
Maggie: Carol, I was just upstairs in the attic.
玛吉:我刚才到顶楼上去了。
Carol: Hey that's great. Mom.
卡罗尔:噢,这真是太棒了,妈妈。
Maggie: All the cheese’s gone, and all traps are sprung. But There's no mice in them.
玛吉:奶酪没有了,弹簧也都松开了,可是夹子上面一个老鼠也没有。
Carol: Really?
卡罗尔:真的?
Maggie: Carol, I have nothing personally against these mice. It's just my children's health is more important to me than theirs is.
玛吉:我和老鼠并没有个人仇恨,可是我的孩子们的健康要比老鼠的更加重要。
Carol: Fine, just go ahead to kill them. But where does it stop Mom?
卡罗尔:很好,你去把它们都杀死,可什么时候能了呢?妈妈?
重点讲解
1. no way
无论如何不,不可能
You can in no way surrender.
你绝不能投降。
2. trap
n.陷阱;困境 vt.使中圈套,使陷于困境
The police set a trap to catch the thief.
警察设下了捉拿窃贼的圈套。
3. personally
ad.亲自;就个人来说
He chose Germany, but personally I'd prefer to go to Spain.
他选择了德国,而我个人倒更喜欢西班牙。