看电影《关键投票》学英语第3期:父女关于选票的歧义
日期:2012-03-23 13:29

(单词翻译:单击)

A questionnaire. I'm supposed to ask you about your politics.
问卷调查 我要问你关于政治的问题
Well, go ahead.
行 开始吧
I already filled it in.
我已经填完了
I wanted you to sound smart.
我希望你的形象醒目点
Give me the first question anyway.
第一个问题是什么?
What's your political affiliation?
你的政治派系是什么?
Alright, I'm a conscious objector.
好吧 我是个拒服兵役者
It's not a war, Bud. It's an election. And you are an independent.
巴德 这不是战争 是选举 你是无党派
Independent? Why in the hell would I be an independent?
无党派 为什么我要是无党派
Because the two party system...
因为这个两党体系
has neglected the needs of the working poor.
忽略了那些贫穷工人们的需求
That's why.Let me tell you something, baby... - Here we go again.
这就是原因 宝贝 听我说...-又来了
The voting doesn't count for a goddamn thing.
投票根本没有任何的作用
Just a way to make you feel like you're in control of something.
只会给你错觉 以为自己可以控制某些东西
It doesn't matter who you vote for, we can't afford insurance and...
投给谁都无所谓 事实无法改变

分享到
重点单词
  • affiliationn. 加入,联盟,友好关系,附属
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • electionn. 选举
  • consciousadj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的 n. 意
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • questionnairen. 调查表
  • votingn. 投票 动词vote的现在分词形式
  • budn. 芽,花蕾 vi. 发芽,萌芽 vt. 使发芽