(单词翻译:单击)
词汇讲解Even like a man new haled from the rack.
haled: 长期监禁
长期监禁让我的四肢痛楚不堪
So fare my limbs with long imprisonment.
imprisonment: 监禁
仿佛刚从刑架上下来一般。——《返老还童》
rack: 使…痛苦
I was racked with doubt and pain.
我满腹疑虑,痛苦万分。
Anxiety kept her on the rack.
焦急使她深受折磨。
Out damnable affliction! Praise God!
苦难退散! 称颂主吧!
Hallelujah!
哈利路亚!——《返老还童》
affliction: 痛苦,苦难
I have great sympathy for people in affliction.
我对那些受苦受难的人们充满同情。
Blindness can be a terrible affliction.
失明有时极为痛苦。
Pastor: God bless you. He's seven!
上帝保佑他只有七岁!
Now, this is a man with optimism in his heart!
这才是一个心态积极向上的人! ——《返老还童》
optimism: 乐观
optimistic adj. 乐观的
We are still optimistic, whatever the result (may be).
我们仍然乐观,不论结果如何。
The stockholders are optimistic about the company's future.
股东对公司的前景很乐观。
I was with people who had shed all the inconsequences of earlier life.
inconsequences: 包袱
我身边的人都已经抛下了前半生的包袱
Left wondering about the weather,
只关心明天的天气。——《返老还童》
shed: 脱落,放下
Most trees shed their leaves in autumn.
大多数树在秋天落叶。
This method can help students shed inhibitions.
这一方法能帮助学生去除顾虑。
Mr Weathers: That's Mr Oti. He's an acquaintance of an acquaintance of mine.
那是Oti先生,他是我一个熟人的熟人。——《返老还童》
acquaintance: 熟人,相识,了解
I have a slight acquaintance with Japanese.
我略通日文。
He is my acquaintance.
他是我的熟人。
I have never made his acquaintance.
我与他素昧平生。
翻译练习她一直为严重的咳嗽所苦。
他的头脑是不受苦恼的影响的。
我对公司的未来非常乐观。
有些树在寒冷的天气里落叶。
他不是我的朋友,只是个熟人。
参考答案She has been racked with a bad cough.
她一直为严重的咳嗽所苦。
His mind is not a mind for affliction.
他的头脑是不受苦恼的影响的。
I'm very optimistic about the company's future.
我对公司的未来非常乐观。
Some trees shed their leaves in cold weather.
有些树在寒冷的天气里落叶。
He is not a friend of mine, only an acquaintance.
他不是我的朋友,只是个熟人。