所有男同胞的心愿:最善解人意的丈母娘
日期:2011-11-28 11:10

(单词翻译:单击)

-Dan: What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么?
Shouldn't you be...
你不该是在...
-Lily: Anywhere but here, yes.
别的地方而不是这里,没错,
so please listen to me and don't interrupt,
那请你听好了,别打岔,
because what I have to say, is hard for me.
因为我所要说的话我也难以启齿。
-Dan: Okay.
好吧。

-Lily: When I was your age,
当我还是你这么大的时候,
I would have been lucky to find a guy, like you,
如果找到一个像你这样的男人我就很走运了,
and I kind of did,
而我也该算是找到了,
but when it came down to it,
可当要到谈婚论嫁时,
I thought my mother knew who I was, much better than I knew myself.
我认为我妈妈比我自己更了解我,
I'm not sure exactly who my daughter was,
我也不完全清楚我女儿到底是什么样的,
but I know who she's become, since she met you.
不过我知道自从她认识了你,
she returns home every night, at a reasonable hour.
她每晚都按时回家,
she doesn't drink. she doesn't do drugs.
她不喝酒,她不嗑药,
I don't know if you're responsible for that,
responsible: 有责任的,作为原因的
你不知道这是不是受你的影响,
but I don't think it's a coincidence
可我知道这不是个巧合,
you belong with my daughter,
你应该和我女儿在一起,
and I think everyone should know that.
而我认为所有人都该知道这个,
will you come with me?
你能跟我一起来吗?
-Dan: Yes,Mrs.van der woodsen.I would love to.
好的,Van Der Woodsen夫人,我很乐意。
-Lily: Good.
很好。
And it's Lily.
还有,叫我Lily。

分享到
重点单词
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • interruptv. 打断,打扰,中止,中断 n. [计算机]中断
  • coincidencen. 巧合,同时发生
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花