每天记住5个"烦人"单词第12期:欢欣鼓舞
日期:2011-11-23 15:50

(单词翻译:单击)

词汇讲解I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged.
我不得不提醒自己有些鸟是不能关在笼子里的。
Their feathers are just too bright.
它们的羽毛太光亮。
And when they fly away the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.
当它们飞走的时候,你会觉得把它们关起来是种罪恶。

rejoice v. 欣喜
I always rejoice in my comrades' achievements.
我总是为同志们的成就感到高兴。
We rejoiced at the good news.
我们为这个好消息而高兴。
They all rejoiced to hear the happy news.
他们都很乐于听到这个令人高兴的消息。

But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.
但是,它们的离开让你生活的地方空荡荡的。
I guess I just miss my friend.
我想我大概是太想念老朋友了。

drab: 单调的
The life of a person who never does anything is dull and drab.
如果一个人的一生什么事情都没有做是多么迟钝和单调。
Don't wear blue tonight, it's too drab.
今晚不要穿蓝色衣服,显得太单调。

-Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here or because you think I should.
没有一天我不感到后悔的。不是因为我在监狱里,或者你认为我该这样。

regret n./v. 后悔
We informed her with regret of our decision.
我们遗憾地把我们的决定通知她。
She immediately regretted her decision.
她做出决定后立即感到后悔。

-Red: Forty years I've been asking permission to piss. I can't squeeze a drop without say-so.
四十年来我小便都要经过批准,不批准的话一滴都尿不出来。

squeeze: 挤
挤压,压榨
Kara squeezed the bottle, and the water rushed out.
卡拉挤压着那个瓶子,水一下子喷了出来。
Don't squeeze his hand; it makes him yell out in pain.
不要挤他的手,他会疼得高声喊叫。
The lemon looks dry to me, but you may be able to squeeze out a few drops.
那个柠檬看来已经干了,但也许你还能挤出几滴汁来。

For the second time in my life, I’m guilty of committing a crime. Parole violation.
我一生中第二次,犯了罪,违反了假释条例。

violation: 违反
The drunken driver was brought to the police station for violation of traffic regulations.
这个喝醉了的司机因违反交通规则而被带进了警察局。
From now on any violation of the regulation must be cruelly punished.
今后任何违反秩序的行为会受到严厉惩罚。
They were in open violation of the treaty.
他们公然违反条约。

翻译练习我们应该为战争结束而欢欣鼓舞。

她厌倦了单调的生活。

我很遗憾不得不裁减这么多职员。

每年他们都榨取很多的菠萝汁。

今后任何违反规章的行为会受到严厉惩罚。

参考答案We rejoiced that the war was over.
我们应该为战争结束而欢欣鼓舞。

She has been tired of the drab life.
她厌倦了单调的生活。

I regret having to make so many staff redundant.
我很遗憾不得不裁减这么多职员。

Every year they squeeze juice out of the pineapple.
每年他们都榨取很多的菠萝汁。

From now on any violation of the regulation must be cruelly punished.
今后任何违反规章的行为会受到严厉惩罚。

分享到
重点单词
  • violationn. 违反,违背,妨碍
  • drabadj. 土褐色的,单调的,乏味的 n. 邋遢女人,娼妓
  • permissionn. 同意,许可,允许
  • informedadj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,
  • rejoicev. 使 ... 欢喜,高兴
  • squeezev. 压榨,挤压,塞进 n. 压榨,勒索,榨取
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • redundantadj. 多余的,失业的
  • regulationn. 规则,规章,管理 adj. 规定的,官方的
  • sinn. 原罪 v. 犯罪,违反(教规)