(单词翻译:单击)
看生活大爆炸学英语第三季第九集
【剧情介绍】Sheldon因Kripke捉弄在全国听众面前丢脸,在Leonard的鼓动下Sheldon不再一蹶不振且决定报仇雪恨。Howard则因为不想安定下来而拒绝Bernadette,宁愿与幻想伴侣在一起,最后终于觉醒。
1. It's Pledge Week and they're trying to goose the ratings.
这个星期是"募捐宣传"周,他们想用一些略带争议的话题来提高收听率。
2.Howard, you're going to throw away a great girl like Bernadette because you're holding out for some ridiculous fantasy?
就因为要坚持你荒谬的幻想而打算放弃像Bernadette这样一个好女孩吗?
hold out for坚持……而不肯妥协;为……坚持住
3.My point is, I do not judge a book by its cover. I am interested in the person underneath.
我想说的是我不会以貌取人,我更在乎内在。
4.Hey, I'm interested in what's inside people, too, but why is it wrong to want those insides wrapped up in, say, the delicious caramel that is Halle Berry?
拜托,我也在乎内在,难道希望包裹内在的躯壳是像哈利贝瑞一样的可人也有错?
wrapped up in除了有“包装,包裹”的意思外,还有“醉心于…的;全心照料…的”的意思
5. I want to know why you're playing make-believe with me when you could be out with a real woman tonight.
今晚你本可以跟个真正的女人在一起,但为什么要跟我玩“假装游戏”。
6. Okay, uh, that's the spirit, but, um, let's dial it back to a non-lethal form of vengeance.
呃,要的就是这种精神,但还是回到非致命的复仇上来吧。
7. How about we put a whoopee cushion on his office chair?
不如在他办公椅上放一个(坐上会发出类似放屁声的)“放屁坐垫”?
8.This is truly the Sheldon Cooper way to get even.
这才是“谢耳朵式”的报仇。
get even报复;扯平;算帐
9. I made a boo-boo, all right?
我错了,还不成吗?