(单词翻译:单击)
1. Year after year 20-something women come to New York City in search of the two Ls. Labels and love. 年复一年 20岁出头的女孩来纽约市只为了两个"L".名牌和爱情。
2. Having gotten the knack for labels early, I concentrated on my search for love, turns out a knockoff is not as easy to spot when it comes to love.早就对名牌熟能生巧现在我专注于寻找爱情. 事实证明爱情的技巧并不那么容易得到。
Year after year my single girlfriends were my salvation, and as it turns out my meal ticket. 年复一年 我的单身女友们就是我的救赎者,随后变成了我的饭票
Turn out:
证实,发觉是.The rookie turned out to be the best hitter on the team.新手证明是队里最出色的击球员
结果:The cake turned out beautifully.蛋糕最后做出来很漂亮.
3. I've been dating since I was 15. 现在完成时,表示一直在进行。
4. Journeyed to: 去,前往。She journeyed to Hollywood.
5. Who wants a Popsicle? 谁要冰棒.
6. As for me…至于我
7. And despite all the other chapters of my life, no one was ever quite big enough until...翻过我生命中的其他章节,没人是足够重大,直到…
8. And even though time had moved us on, I managed to stay exactly where I was. 就算时间过去我仍然一如从前.
9.-I do have another apartment that's not on the market yet, care to take a look? 我手里还有套公寓 都还没开始卖呢,想看看吗? -Sure当然 / All right
-It's more than you were looking to pay比你们的预定价位要贵的多.
- How much more? 贵多少
10. Your wife has quite a sense of humor.你太太很有幽默感.
11. -Aren't I a little old to be introduced as you boyfriend? 把我说介绍成男朋友是不是有点老.
-Point taken, from now on you'll be my man-friend. If the shoe fits. 说的有理,从现在起你是我的男人朋友,只要你觉得合适.
12. How is this place even available? 这种房子怎么空出来的? If you live here what is there to fight about? 如果住在这儿,有啥可争吵的?
13. I'll figure out something that I'm comfortable with. 我会想出我觉得合适的做法.
14. Blair Elkenn was a waitress turned model turned actress, turned billionaire’s girlfriend who came home one night to find herself unceremoniously turned out on the street. 布莱尔•艾尔肯原是女招待 后当模特又转行当演员,又变成亿万富翁的女朋友,有一天晚上她忽然发现自己莫名其妙地无家可归. Ceremoniously: 讲究仪式地, 隆重地;unceremoniously:随便地.
15. One of a kind自成一格
16. We'd like to start the bidding on this at $ 10000. please 我们希望起拍价从一万美元开始. 请出价. I draw the line at 50,000. 我的底线就是五万.
17. He'd been married three times before so she let it ride. 他之前结过三次婚 所以她就任他去. let ride: 放任.
18. I'm mortified. 我好郁闷. Mortify: 苦修,使苦恼.
19. This is not some random person it's you. 不是随便什么人 而是你
20. That was the exact reaction I was aiming for.这正是我期待的反应