托福考试官方指南 第29期:Track22(1)
日期:2016-05-19 10:52

(单词翻译:单击)

Listen to part of a lecture in a business management class.
请听一段企业管理课上的演讲。
OK. Uh, let's talk about organization and structure in a company. How are companies typically structured?
我们来谈谈一个公司的组织和结构。公司一般是如何构建的?
Functionally.
功能性构建。
And...? By projects.
还有呢?通过项目。
Right. By function...and by projects.
对的。通过功能和项目来构建。
Twenty years ago companies were organized in function groups, where people with a certain expertise worked together as a unit—
20年前公司按功能分组组织,有着某种专长的人作为一个单元在一起工作,
the, uh, architects in one unit, the finance people in another unit.
额,建筑师在一个单元,财务人员在另一个单元。
Well, nowadays a lot of companies are organized around projects—
现在很多的公司根据项目来组织——
like a construction company could be building an office building in one city and an apartment house somewhere else,
比如一个建筑公司可能会在一个城市造一栋办公楼,在别的地方建一套公寓,
and each project has its own architects and engineers.
每个项目都会有自己的建筑师和工程师。
Now, the good thing about project organization is that it's easier to change to adapt to the needs of the project—
项目组织的好处是,根据项目的需要改变起来更容易些——
it's a small group, a dedicated team, not the whole company.
小团体,一个专门的团队,而不是整个公司。
Now, with that in mind, here's a question for you:
记住那一点,我有一个问题问你们:
Why do we continue to organize ourselves by function,
我们为什么还要继续根据功能来组织,
even now, when in fact we admit that projects are the lifeblood of a lot of organizations?
甚至是现在,在我们承认项目是很多组织的命脉的时候?
Why do some companies maintain a functional organization instead of organizing around projects? Yes?
为什么一些公司保持着功能性组织而不根据项目来组织?你来说?
Because, um, if you don't have that functional structure within your organization,
因为,如果在公司里没有功能性结构,
chances are you'd have a harder time meeting the goals of the projects.
可能会更难达到项目的目标。
Why?
为什么呢?
Why?
为什么?
Listen, let's say we got four new cars we want to design. Why do we need a functional organization?
听着,假设我们要设计四款新车。为什么我们会需要一个功能性组织?
Why not just organize the company around the four projects—these people make car number one, these other people make car number two...
为什么不根据这四个项目来组织公司——这些人做一号车,那些人做二号车......
Yeah, but who's gonna be responsible for what? You know, the way you tell who's...
是的,但是谁负责什么呢?分辨谁是......
Well...well, we'll appoint a manager: new car number one manager, car number two manager—they're completely responsible.
我们会任命一个经理:新车一号经理,车二号经理——他们全权负责。
Why should we have a single engineering department that has all four cars passing through it?
为什么我们要一个单独的工程部,四辆车都要经过他们的手?
When you design a car, you need the expertise of all the engineers in the company.
当你设计一辆车的时候,你需要公司所有工程师的专长。
Each engineer needs to be in touch with the entire engineering department.
每个工程师都需要和整个工程部交流。
Yeah, but I keep...I keep asking why? I wanna know why. Yes.
是的,但是我还要问为什么?我想知道原因。你说。
Well, to eliminate redundancy's probably one of the biggest factors in an organization.
来消除冗余,那也许是公司里最大的原因了。
So that uh...so that there's there's...standards of...for uniformity and efficiency in the organization.
所以公司里就会有一个统一和有效的标准。

分享到