双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第19章:秘密的塔利班组织(8)
日期:2017-08-25 17:12

(单词翻译:单击)

My father was convinced the Taliban would hunt him down and kill him, but he again refused security from the police.
父亲深信塔利班会追击并杀害他,但他再一次婉拒警方提供随身护卫的建议。
'If you go around with a lot of security the Taliban will use Kalashnikovs or suicide bombers and more people will be killed,' he said.
“如果你走到哪里,身边都带着一大群保安人员,塔利班就会采用突击步枪或自杀式炸弹袭击者发起攻击,这只会造成更多的死伤。”他说,
'At least I'll be killed alone.' Nor would he leave Swat.
“至少,我会是在只身一人的情况下被杀害。”他也拒绝离开斯瓦特。
'Where can I go?' he asked my mother. 'I cannot leave the area.
“我还能去哪里?”他问我的母亲,“我不能离开这个地区。
I am president of the Global Peace Council, the spokesperson of the council of elders, the president of the Swat Association of Private Schools, director of my school and head of my family.'
我是环球和平议会的会长、长者议会的发言人、斯瓦特私校联盟的会长、我自己学校的理事长,更是这个家的大家长。”
His only precaution was to change his routine.
他唯一采取的预防措施,就是让他的行程变得不固定。
One day he would go to the primary school first, another day to the girls' school, the next day to the boys' school.
这一天他可能是先去小学部,另一天他去女子学校部,又一天他来到男子学校部。
I noticed wherever he went he would look up and down the street four or five times.
我注意到无论他走到哪里,都会先张望街道四五次,然后才会前行。
Despite the risks, my father and his friends continued to be very active, holding protests and press conferences.
除了这些风险之外,父亲和他的朋友们仍旧十分活跃,不停地举办示威抗议活动与记者招待会。
'Why was Zahid Khan attacked if there's peace?
“如果局势真的已经和平,为什么扎西德·汗会遭受攻击?
Who attacked him?' they demanded.
是谁攻击他的?”他们提出质疑,
'Since we've come back from being IDPs we haven't seen any attacks on army and police.
“自从我们脱离IDPS的身份之后,我们就没有看到军警人员受到任何攻击。
The only targets now are peace-builders and civilians.'
现在遭受攻击的,只有那些努力重建和平的人和一般的老百姓。”
The local army commander was not happy.
当地的军方领导人不开心了。
'I tell you there are no terrorists in Mingora,' he insisted. 'Our reports say so.'
“我告诉你们,明戈拉不存在任何恐怖分子,”他坚持说,“我们的报告上就是这么说的。”
He claimed that Zahid Khan had been shot because of a dispute over property.
他宣称扎西德·汗是因为与别人有了金钱上的纷争,才被人枪击的。
Zahid Khan was in hospital for twelve days then at home recuperating for a month after having plastic surgery to repair his nose.
扎西德·汗在医院住了12天,做了一个重造鼻子的整容手术,术后在家休养了一个月。
But he refused to be silent.
即便如此,他仍坚持发表自己的观点。

分享到