双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第19章:秘密的塔利班组织(1)
日期:2017-08-08 17:01

(单词翻译:单击)

19 A Private Talibanisation
19 秘密的塔利班组织

'Let's pretend it's a Twilight movie and that we're vampires in the forest,' I said to Moniba.
“我们来假装自己是在《暮光之城》的电影里,我们是一群森林里的吸血鬼。”我对莫妮巴说。
We were on a school trip to Marghazar, a beautiful green valley where the air is cool, and there is a tall mountain and a crystal-clear river where we were planning to have a picnic.
我们这次郊游的目的地是马尔格扎,一座美丽的绿色山谷。那里的空气很凉爽,还有一座高山和一条清澈见底的小溪。我们打算在溪边野餐。
Nearby was the White Palace Hotel, which used to be the wali's summer residence.
那附近有一栋“白宫饭店”,是旧时瓦利的避暑宫殿。
It was April 2012, the month after our exams so we were all feeling relaxed.
那是2012年的4月,上个月刚结束大考,我们的心情都很轻松。
We were a group of about seventy girls.
我们大约有七十个女孩子。
Our teachers and my parents were there too.
随行的还有我们的老师与我的父母。
My father had hired three Flying Coaches but we could not all fit in, so five of us – me, Moniba and three other girls – were in the dyna, the school van.
父亲租了三辆简便巴士,但我们没办法都挤上车,因此我们五个人——我、莫妮巴,还有三个女孩坐上了丰田迪娜,也就是我们的校车。
It wasn't very comfortable, especially because we also had giant pots of chicken and rice on the floor for the picnic, but it was only half an hour's drive.
车里不怎么舒适,车上堆满了为野餐准备的、里面装了鸡肉和米饭的许多口大锅。但好在车程也不过30分钟。
We had fun, singing songs on the way there.
我们玩得很开心,一路欢唱。
Moniba was looking very beautiful, her skin porcelain-pale.
莫妮巴看起来非常漂亮,肌肤如陶瓷般白皙。
'What skin cream are you using?' I asked her.
“你现在擦哪种护肤霜?”我问她。
'The same one you're using,' she replied.
“跟你用的一样。”她回答。
I knew that could not be true. 'No. Look at my dark skin and look at yours!'
我知道她在说谎。“怎么可能?你看看我的皮肤多暗沉,你再看看你自己的!”
We visited the White Palace and saw where the Queen had slept and the gardens of beautiful flowers.
我们参观了白宫饭店,见识到了皇后的寝宫,也欣赏了繁花似锦的花园。
Sadly we could not see the wali's room as it had been damaged by the floods.
很可惜我们没办法看到瓦利的房间,因为它遭到洪水的破坏,尚未修复。

分享到