(单词翻译:单击)
M: Ruth, do you know something about the Ethical Consumer Research Association?
男:露丝,你了解道德消费者研究协会吗?
W: Yes, so far as I know, it's an organization that provides information for shoppers.
女:是的,据我所知,这是一个为消费者提供信息的组织。
M: Oh, what kind of information?
男:哦,什么样的信息?
W: Well, like letting shoppers know what the companies are doing behind the products that they see on the store shelves.
女:比如让顾客知道在销售的产品背后公司在做什么。
W: And... and these shoppers are concerned with some ethical issues.
女:和…这些购物者关心一些道德问题。
M: For example?
男:例如呢?
W: Well, they may want to know that the product they're buying has not been made at the expense of the people who are producing it,
女:他们可能想知道他们购买的产品没有牺牲产品生产者,
W: whether it's in this country or abroad.
女:不管是在本国还是在国外。
W: They might also be concerned with other kinds of issues, for example, whether the company is involved in selling arms.
女:他们可能还会关注其他类型的问题,例如,该公司是否参与了武器销售。
M: But how can one become an ethical shopper when buying things?
男:但是,一个人怎么能在购物时成为一个有道德的购物者呢?
W: One way of thinking about ethical shopping is thinking about buying less.
女:道德购物的一种方式是少买。
M: Oh, how?
男:哦,那要怎么做?
W: Well, you see, sometimes we buy a lot more than we need.
女:你看,有时我们买的东西超出了我们的需要。
W: We buy more items of clothing than we need.
女:我们买的衣服比我们需要的多。
W: So being an ethical shopper really means thinking a bit before you go and spend your money in the shops.
女:所以做一个有道德的购物者意味着在你去商店花钱之前要考虑一下。
M: Could you give me some advice?
男:你能给我一些建议吗?
W: You see, some things may cost a bit more in the short run, but be worth it in the long run.
女:你看,有些东西在短期内可能要多花点钱,但从长期来看是值得的。
W: So if you're paying for quality, something will last you longer and then save you money.
女:所以如果你买东西看重质量,有的东西会很耐用,然后帮你省钱。
M: En ...
男:恩……
W: And sometimes you can buy things second hand and the quality in most second hand shops is really very good these days.
女:有时候你可以买到二手的东西,现在很多二手店的质量都很好。
W: So it's about thinking before you shop.
女:所以这是你购物前要考虑的。
M: Ruth, thanks for your advice.
男:露丝,谢谢你的建议。
W: Pleasure.
女:别客气。