影视精讲《风雨哈佛路》第28期:同样的处境不同的应付方式
日期:2013-09-07 09:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Chris? Chris?Chris?
克里斯? 克里斯 克里斯
what're you doing here? - hanging out
你在这干嘛? - 到处晃晃
what about the home?
教养院怎么样了?
so why don't you look for me?
那你怎么不来找我?
I did. I've been looking for a long time.
我找过了,找你好久了
you have been in any ever places?
你都不在以前的地方
I'm here now. I'm going to a new school. and I like it.
我现在在这,在上学,你会喜欢的
hey hey come on. it's great. we're together.
来嘛,多好啊,我们又在一起了
last one out, first one in.
最后走的人,最先到
no that describes you david. how did you get so dedicated?
不,那是在说你自己.你怎么那么敬业?
well, I'm such a privilege jerk. I want it to give something back. this is?
我得到了很多恩惠,所以我得回报这是?
my friend chris. my best friend.
我的朋友克里斯,我最好的朋友
hi chris. hey
你好,克里斯
I want her to come here too.
我想要她也能来
It's not a party, it's a tough place.
这里不是舞会,这里是严肃的地方
but she's good enough for you, she's good enough for me. come on in.
但你认为她行,我相信她能行,进来吧
what we putting on the board?
公告板上写的什么?
we're deciding we'll send top 10 students in school trip to Boston
我们决定派遣学校前十名去波士顿参观
cool. you've ever been?
酷。你去过吗?
I've never been out of New York.
我从没走出过纽约
we went to queen's once.
我们曾进去过皇后街区
well, you're going.
你会去的
come on. no way I'm one of the top 10 students.
得了吧,我根本进不了前十名
oh you're not one of the top. you're the top.
你不会是前十名之一,你是第一
you get the best grade in this whole place
你是班上成绩最好的
so what? you going to Boston?
那有怎样?去波士顿?
expenses paid.
旅费已付
how long? - 5 days
多长时间? - 5天
you ok, Liz? - yeah, I just thought I've been trash, you know.
怎么样,丽思? - 我还以为自己一直是垃圾
you're not trash. this is getting you thinking about college.
你不是垃圾,你应该考虑一下上大学了
what's college like? - It's all crap, shup up!
什么样的大学? - 一塌糊涂,别说了
you can come too? can she?
你也能来,她行吗?
sure, if she does the work. - well, not figure an inch, thanks.
当然,如果她做得到, - 别指望我,谢谢了
come on chris, dream a little. what you wanna be when you grow up?
克里斯,多一点理想,你长大后想干什么?
boy, I was grown since I was 7.
大叔,我7岁就已经长大了
I mean after high school. it's ok.
我的意思是高中以后,没事的
no it's not ok. I'll be a garbageman. I'll be a prostitude.
我有事,我会做个捡垃圾的,我会做个妓女
who cares what the hell I'm gonna be.
谁在意我变成什么样的混蛋呢

妙语佳句

Deduce (pp&pt.deduced)
vt.推论,推断;演绎;追溯根源

The date of the document can be deduced from references to the Civil War...
这份文件的日期可以从其中多次提到内战之处进行推断

------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated
adj.专注的,投入的;献身的;专用的
v.奉献(dedicate的过去式和过去分词)

Such areas should also be served by dedicated cycle routes.
这些区域也应该设专门的自行车道。
To an imaginary china, he dedicated his life.
为了一个幻想中的中国,他奉献了他的一生。

------------------------------------------------------
Leave for
出发去(某地);离开(某人)以同(他人)生活在一起, 离开(某职位)以寻求;上;到

I'll leave for London if I finish my work today.
如果我今天完成工作,我就会伦敦。

------------------------------------------------------
Hang out
伸出;<非正>居住;晾晒;(infml) (呆在某处,或与某人呆在一起)闲逛

I was worried I wouldn't be able to hang my washing out.
我担心自己没法把洗好的衣服出去。
We can just hang out and have a good time.
我们可以只是闲逛一下,开开心。


剧情百科


Chris是一个比较悲观的人,她认为她和Liza属于社会底层永远无法改变自己卑微的宿命。但是Liza没有像Chris逃避问题,而是迎难而上,最终以自己的实力跳出了以前的圈子。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.I felt I'd made an incredible _____.
我觉得我有一个天大的发现
2.The doves _____ softer emotions.
鸽派则求助于柔情策略。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.She hoped he hadn't (deduced) the reason for her visit.
她希望他还没有推断出她此次来访的原因。
2.He is scheduled to (leave for) London next Monday.
他预定下星期一动身伦敦。

分享到
重点单词
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • privilegen. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸 vt. 给特权,免
  • incredibleadj. 难以置信的,惊人的
  • imaginaryadj. 想象的,虚构的
  • deducevt. 演绎,推断,溯源
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • dedicatevt. 献出,提献辞,致力于
  • documentn. 文件,公文,文档 vt. 记载,(用文件等)证明
  • dedicatedadj. 专注的,献身的,专用的