影视精讲《风雨哈佛路》第23期:改变了我的人生
日期:2013-07-25 09:50

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I haven’t had a lot of grownups that have proven to be trustworthy or for the long runs,
我没有东西能证明我从很远过来,
so maybe I don't know how to talk to you, but ...
所以我不知该怎么跟你说
My parents both use drugs, a lot of them. I won't go near them, but...
我的父母都吸毒,很严重,我不会亲近他们,但是......
but I guess I, kind of, lived that life style.
我大概就是生活在那种环境
I'm embarrassed now about how lay back I've been.
我为自己的无知而感到尴尬
I mean, I've never even really been school except for the 8th grade. but
我的意思是,我没有真正上过学,除了去过8年级
your grades are very good in elementary school
你小学的成绩很好
I used to show up last week and take the test, that's how I get promoted.
我都是最后一周去参加考试才得以升级的
I'm smart. I know I can succeed. I just... I just need the chance.
我很聪明,我知道我能成功的.我只是...只是需要一个机会
I need the chance to climb out of this place I've been born in.
我需要一个机会让我从糟糕的环境中爬出来
everyone I know just angry, tired. They're trying to survive.
我所知道的每个人都是愤怒的、疲惫的.他们试着活下去
but I know that there's a world out there that's better.
但我知道...外面的世界才是更好的世界
That's better developed. I wanna live in it.
更好的发展,我想要住在那里
why now?
为什么是现在?
My mother died of AIDS. she died a couple of months ago.
我的母亲死于艾滋,她几个月前死了
It was real slap on the face.
就像几个巴掌打在我脸上
I guess I always thought that she was gonna get better and take care of me.
我过去总是以为她会好转,然后照顾我
It's pretty stupid huh?
很蠢是吗?
she'd never been taking care of me. I took care of her.
她从没有照顾我,是我照顾她
She was my baby. But now she's gone. so ...
她是我的孩子,但她现在不在了.所以...
now it's time to take care of yourself
现在是你照顾自己的时候了
Can you get here on time? Liz?
你能按时到校吗,丽思?
I'll sleep here if I have to.
我可以睡在这里
Ok, you're in.
好,你被录取了
but you told the others you won't know until friday.
但是你告诉其他人星期五才有结果
You're in.
你被录取了
Thank you . He just changes my life.
谢谢,你刚刚改变了我的人生
That's worth Miss.
那是值得的
you just fulfill the paper work.
你得填一些表格
You got your transcrips and that's just the easy stuff address, phone number.
我们有你的成绩单,只需要你的地址和电话
We have to have a meeting with parents or your gardian get that in. we're good to go.
我们需要和你的父母或者监护人见一面.都完成了你就可以上学了

妙语佳句

Dialect
n.方言,土语;语调;[语]语支;专业用语

Groups even appear to communicate in their own unique dialect.
各个群体甚至似乎会以它们自己独特的方言进行交流。

------------------------------------------------------
Promote (pt&pp.promoted)
vt.促进,推进;提升,助长;促销;使(学生)升级
vi.成为王后或其他大于卒的子

In fact, those people have been promoted.
事实上,那些人已经升职了。

------------------------------------------------------
Except for
除…之外;若不是

No one can finish the mileage except for you.
除了你没人能跑完这个里程。

------------------------------------------------------
Slap on
随意地穿[戴]上;把…胡乱涂上去;<非正>在…上强行加(价);用掌拍打(某人)的(某部位)<非正>

She gave him a slap on the cheek.
她打了他一个耳光。

------------------------------------------------------
In practice
在实践中;在不断练习中; 熟练的;开业

The new method works well in practice.
新方法在实践中行之有效。

剧情百科


许多人不肯面对现实,隐瞒或掩饰自己的过去。但Lise没有这么做,她完完全全的告诉老师她的处境,她用她的真诚打动了老师成功得到录取资格。

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.That remains very much in _____.
这个问题依然非常值得怀疑
2.He _____ much of his collection to pay his gardening bills.
卖掉了大部分藏品来付园艺费。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.Even osaka's dialect is distinct.
就连大阪的方言也是很有特点的。
2.In practice that means the big three.
实际上这指的就是那三家大银行。

分享到
重点单词
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • trustworthyadj. 可信赖的
  • uniqueadj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的
  • collectionn. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • distinctadj. 独特的,不同的,明显的,清楚的
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • elementaryadj. 基本的,初级的,元素的
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.