(单词翻译:单击)
UNIT 5 Culture Shapes Us
第五单元 文化塑造我们
Lesson 34: Danny's Dinosaur Dinner
第34课: 丹尼的恐龙晚餐
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Have you ever invited a guest to your home?
你曾邀请过朋友去你家吗?
Have you ever been a guest?
你曾做过客吗?
What's the worst food you've ever tried?
你曾吃过的最糟糕的食物是什么?
What does Danny serve Jenny and Brian?
丹尼招待珍妮和布莱恩的食物是什么?
At 6:00 on Saturday,Jenny and Brian knock on Danny's door.
周六晚上六点钟,珍妮和布莱恩敲响了丹尼家的门。
"Come in!" shouts Danny.
“请进!”丹尼喊道。
"Hello?" says Jenny."Are you here,Danny?"
“你好?”珍妮说,“你在吗,丹尼?”
"Of course I'm here!" shouts Danny.
“我当然在!”丹尼喊道。
"I'm in the kitchen!"
“我在厨房里!”
"Oh," says Jenny."May we come in?"
“哦,”珍妮说,“我们可以进来吗?”
"Sure!Just hang up your coats in the closet!" calls Danny.
“当然!把外套挂在壁橱里就行!”丹尼说。
"Would you like something to drink?"
“你们想喝点什么吗?”
"Yes,please," says Brian.
“好的。”布莱恩说,
"What do you have?"
“你有什么?”
"Dirty water!That's what dinosaurs drank long ago," says Danny.
“脏水!很久以前恐龙就喝这个,”丹尼说。
"Oh.Do you have anything else?" asks Brian.
“哦。你还有其他的吗?”布莱恩问道。
"No," says Danny."I'm only offering dinosaur food tonight.
“没有,”丹尼说,“今晚我只提供恐龙食物。
And it's time for supper!Let's eat!"
晚饭时间到了!一起吃吧!”
Danny has made a big bowl of grass.
丹尼做了一大碗草。
Danny says,"Help yourselves to some grass."
他说:“请自便,吃些草吧。”
But Brian and Jenny just look at each other.
可布莱恩和珍妮只是面面相觑。
Finally,Danny says,"May I serve you some grass,Brian?"
最后,丹尼说:“布莱恩,要我给你盛些草吗?”
Brian wants to be polite.
布莱恩想要礼貌些。
"Thank you.Just a little,please," he says.
“谢谢,一点就好。”他说道。
Danny puts a big spoonful of grass on Brian's plate.
丹尼在布莱恩的盘子里放了一大勺草。
"Is that enough?Would you like some more grass?"
“那些够吗? 你还再要点吗?”
No,thanks.Do you have anything else?
不了,谢谢。你有其他的食物吗?
"Oh,yes," says Danny."We'll have some leaves for dessert."
“哦,有,”丹尼说,“我们还有作为甜点的树叶。”
Then he says,"Oh!Look what time it is!"
然后他说:“哦!看!都什么时候了!”
Danny runs to the television and turns it on.
丹尼冲向电视机打开了它。
"It's my favourite TV show!"
“这是我最喜欢的节目!”
Jenny says,"Dinosaur food is certainly different,Danny."
珍妮说:“丹尼,恐龙食物真是非常独特。”
"Pardon?" says Danny.
“什么?”丹尼说,
"The TV is too loud!I can't hear you!"
“电视声音太大了!我听不到你说的话!”
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Are guests important in your home?
客人在你们家重要吗?
What do you do to make guests feel comfortable?
为了让客人觉得舒适你是怎么做的?
In a small group,talk about how guests are treated in China.
小组讨论在中国是怎么款待客人的。
Share your ideas with the class or write a passage.
跟全班分享你的想法或写一篇文章。