UNIT 3 Pardon Me! Lesson 22 Do Manners Matter?
日期:2012-09-20 22:52

(单词翻译:单击)

UNIT 3 Pardon Me!
第三单元 原谅我!
Lesson 22: Do Manners Matter?
第22课:礼貌重要吗?
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Have you received a gift before?
你以前收到过礼物吗?
What did you say when you received it?
收到礼物的时候你说了什么?
Which is more important to you,saying something or doing it?
对于你来说,说些什么或做些什么哪个更重要?
How are Chinese and North American manners different?
中国与北美的礼貌有什么不同?
I have many good friends in Canada,
我在加拿大还是有许多好朋友,
though Canadian culture is different from Chinese culture.
尽管加拿大与中国的文化不一样。
My name is Wu Zhou.I have lived in Canada for fourteen years.
我叫吴周。我在加拿大住了已经有14年了。
In Canada,I call myself Joe Wu.
在加拿大,我称自己为乔吴。
"Joe" is an English name that sounds like "Zhou."
“乔”是一个英文名字,和“周”发音相似。
I have lived in Canada for a long time,but I don't feel Canadian.
我住在加拿大已经有很长时间了,但是我感到自己不像是加拿大人。
Good manners in North America are different from good manners in China.
在北美文明礼貌和在中国不一样。
In North America,there are lots of words for being polite.
在北美,有很多礼貌的词。
If you don't say "please" and "thank you," people think you are very rude.
如果你不说“请”和“谢谢”,人们就会认为你非常粗鲁。
In China,it's different.
在中国,就不一样了。
What you do is more important than what you say.
你的所作所为比你说什么更重要。
Oh,Jenny!It's wonderful!
哦,珍妮!太棒了!
Thank you!Thank you!
谢谢你!谢谢你!
I've never had anything so special!
我从没有过如此特别的东西!
It's the best!Where did you get it?
这是最好的!你是从哪里得到它的?
I want to get one for my mother!
我想为我妈妈买一个!
Stop that,Danny!It's just a pencil.
丹尼,不要那样!只是一支铅笔而已。
When people give you gifts in Canada,you thank them with many words.
在加拿大当人们送给你礼物时,你要用很多话来感谢他们。
You might say,"What a great gift!
你可以说:“多么棒的礼物啊!
Thanks so much!I love it!
非常感谢你!我很喜欢!
It's just what I wanted!"
这正好是我想要的!”
In China,usually you don't take a gift at first.
在中国,在开始时通常不收礼物。
You try to give it back.
你试图退回礼物。
You might say,"Please keep it for yourself."
你可以说:“请你自己留着吧。”
Finally,you just say,"Thanks."
最后,你只能说:“谢谢。”
In North America,people also think about praise differently.
在北美,人们也想出不同的赞美之词。
I teach at a university in Canada.
我在加拿大一所大学教书。
I praise my students for good work.
我赞美我的学生们干得不错。
The Chinese way is different.
而中国的方式是不同的。
Teachers often tell students what's wrong with their work.
老师通常告诉学生他们哪里做错了。
Why do you think North American manners and Chinese manners are so different?
你认为为什么北美和中国的礼貌会如此不同呢?
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
In a small group,talk about what it would be like if you moved to Canada.
小组讨论如果你搬到加拿大会是什么样。
Then,imagine being a Canadian who has moved to China.
然后,想象你是一个搬到中国的加拿大人。
Write down your ideas and report them to the class.
写出你的想法并报道给全班同学。

分享到
重点单词
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅