洪恩环境英语第六册 Lesson 4:The newspapers are finally reviewing the show
日期:2012-04-24 16:21

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 4 The newspapers are finally reviewing the show.
报纸终于开始评论这部戏了
Today's the day.The newspapers are finally reviewing the show.
就是今天,报纸终于开始评论这部戏了.
I hate critics.I hate reading their reviews.
我讨厌评价家,我不喜欢读他们的评论.
You seem surprisingly calm.
你看起来异常地冷静.
I'm not.I'm terribly nervous.
不是,我非常紧张.
You hide it very well.
你隐藏得很好.
I just hope the critics like the show.
我只是希望评论家们喜欢这部戏.
Don't you think they will?
你觉得他们不会吗?
These will be my first reviews as a dramatic director.
这将是我作为电视剧导演第一次得到报界的评论.
Well,I don't care what the reviews say.
噢,我不在乎这些评论说什么,
You directed beautifully.
你导演得很出色.
Do you really think so?
你真这么想?
Steven,you're a good director.
史蒂文,你是个好导演,
You work well with the cast.
你与所有演员都相片得很好,
You're doing a wonderful job.I mean it.
说真的,你的工作做得很出色.
Gee,thanks. I hope the critics think the way you do.
哎呀,谢谢.我希望评论家们跟你想得一样.
Thanks. Here goes: the Daily News,the Stamford Gazette,
谢谢.这儿有各种报纸:《每日新闻》、《斯坦福德公报》、
the Connecticut Record,and the New York Times.
《康涅锹格州纪事》、《纽约时报》.
Aren't you going to read them? Let's do this quickly.
你不想看吗?我们快点儿看吧。
You do it.
你来读。
OK. Which one first?
好,先读哪个?
The Stamford Gazette. Let me find it.
《斯坦福德公报》. 让我来找一下。
Ok...Here it is.
好的....在这儿。
Well...Come on...Let's hear it.
噢...快点儿...让我们听听.
"If you like suspense,don't miss 'Murder at Midnight.'
"如果你喜欢悬念,就不要错过《午夜凶杀》.
This new mystery show is one of the ten gest of the season."
这部新的悬念剧是这个季度十佳电视剧之一。“
Wow! These newspaper reviews are wonderful.
哇,这些评论太好了.
I guess so.
我也是这么想的.
Dod you know that you act brilliantly?
你知道,你表演得很精彩吗?
Does it really say that? Yes.
评论上真这么说吗? 是的,
And here..."Jeff Bennett moves smoothly into his first big role.
看这儿...."杰夫,班纳特很自然地融入了他的首次领衔主演的角色中.
He is perfect as the sensitive but strong reporter."
他把一个敏感而言词犀利的记者演得完美无缺."
"...He is beautifully directed by Steven Winn."
...他得到了史蒂文,韦恩出色的指导."
"...And nicely supported by veteran actress Mary Beth Adams."
"...并且他得到了经验丰富的女演员玛丽.贝思.亚当斯的有力配合."
I'm nicely supported by Mary Beth?
我得到了玛丽.贝思的有力配合?
No.She's the star of the show.I was supporting her.
不,她是这部剧中的主角,我只是个配角.
You're very modest.
你真谦虚.
Well,not really. I'm just telling the truth.
噢,不,我说的是事实.
Jeff Bennett,you're a very good actor ...
杰夫.班纳特,你是个优秀的演员...
Would you mind giving me your autograph? Not at all.
你能给我签个名吗? 没问题.
You even write well...So,if there is anything I can do....
你的字也写得那么好....如果有什么我能做的....
Well,just keep reading those reviews.
好的,继续读那些评论.
Of course I will. Seriously,Jeff. How's your dad today?
我当然会的,说正经的,杰夫,你爸爸今天怎么样?
He's doing very well,thanks.He'll be going home soon.
他很好,谢谢.他很快会回家的.
That's good.
那太好了.
It's my mother I'm worried about.
我担心的是我妈妈.
She isn't doing well?
她身体不好吗?
She's extremely tense.This is very hard on her.
她太紧张了,这件事难为她了.
Well,she's lucky she has you here.
噢,幸好他有你在身边.
I think she really needs me.
我想她真的需要我.
Why do you sound so surprised? I don't know.
你为什么听起来这么惊讶呢? 我不知道,
This may sound strange,but it's the first time I'm the one in charge
这听起来或许有些奇怪,但这是我第一次主事
--not my father or mother or older brother.
---而不是我爸,我妈或我哥,
They're all relying on me.
他们都依赖我.
This is the end of lesson 4
第四课已经结束了。

分享到
重点单词
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • smoothlyadv. 平滑地,流畅地
  • dramaticadj. 戏剧性的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的 dram
  • modestadj. 谦虚的,适度的,端庄的
  • castv. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • brilliantlyadv. 辉煌地,光亮地,灿烂地
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的