洪恩环境英语第六册 Lesson 10:We'll have to solve the murder ourselves
日期:2012-04-24 16:49

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 10 We'll have to solve the murder ourselves.
我们必须自己破案,查出凶手
Detective Stone will be here in a few minutes.
斯通侦探几分钟后到这儿。
He's fooling himself if he thinks Victor Chapman is innocent.
如果他认为维克多.查普曼是清白的话,他是在欺骗自己.
The police are too slow.
警察的行动太慢了。
We'll have to solve the murder ourselves.
我们得自己破这个案子。
Then we have to find more evidence.
那我们得找到更多的证据。
Maybe Victor Chapman didn't make the fake treaty himself.
或许,维克多.查普曼不是自己造的那个假条约,
Maybe somebody made it for him.
或许是有人替他做的.
Philip Tate! Of course!He could do it.
菲利普.泰特!当然是他!他有条件做.
Does Victor Chapman know Tate?
维克多.查普曼认识泰特吗?
Oh,yes.They're old friends.
认识.他们是老朋友了.
I think Victor Chapman and Mr.Take are partners.
我想维克多.查普曼和泰特先生是同谋.
Parners in crime? Why didn't I think of that?
同案犯?我怎么没想到这点呢?
Give yourself a break,Diana. They were very careful.
你休息一会儿吧,戴安娜.他们很谨慎.
There must be one thing they forgot to hide.
肯定有他们忘了藏的东西.
Tony,look.Maybe the fake treaty was made with these.
托尼,你看,或许假条约就是用这些东西做的.
Someone practiced Indian marks with this pen and ink.
有人用这只笔和墨水经营活动过画印第安印记.
And he used the wrong mark. But how do we prove it?
但是他用错了印记.可是我们怎么证实这点呢?
Oh,I didn't expect to find anyone here.I'll come back later.Wait a minute.
噢,我没想到这儿会有人,我晚点再来.等一下,
We want to talk to you.
我们想与你谈谈.
Yes? This treaty is fake.
什么? 这个条约是件赝品.
Well,I don't know what you're talking about.
噢,我不明白你在说什么.
Then I'll show you.
我拿证据给你看.
This is how you made the fake treaty.
你就是这么制造假条约的.
I remember.You had black ink on your hand.
我记起来了,你的手上有黑墨汁.
No! She's kidding herself.
不!她正在开玩笑.
That wasn't ink,I cut myself. It was a bandage.
那不是墨水,我不小心割破了手,那是绷带.
There was no bandage.I know.
那儿没有绷带,我知道.
I took these photos myself.
我自己照的这些照片,
They will prove you spilled ink on yourself. You did it,Tate.
它们将证实你把墨汁溅到自己手上了.是你制造的赝品,泰特.
They can't put me in jail for having ink on my hand.
他们不能因为我手上有墨汁就把我关进监狱.
But they can put you in jail for having blood on your hands! No!
[但是他们会因为你手上粘有鲜血让你进监狱的. 不!
Ben Morris discovered the fake treaty.
本.莫里斯发现了这条约是赝品,
And you killed him because of it!
你因此杀了他.
Your fingerprints will be all over the evidence.
这些证据上到处都是你的指纹.
No.I didn't kill anyone! I only made the fake treaty.
不,我没杀任何人!我只是造了那份假条约.
Did you make it yourself?
你自己做的吗?
Yes.I made it myself.I needed the money.
是的,是我自己做的.我需要钱.
What about the murder?
那么谋杀呢?
That wasn't my idea.
那不是我的主意.
So you had a partner?
那你有个同伙?
Victor Chapman. He killed your uncle.
维克多.查普曼.是他杀了你叔叔.
But you were there.You're both guilty.
但是你也在现场,你们俩都有罪.
They killed Uncle Ben and they kept his treaty for themselves.
他们杀了本叔,并把条约据为己有.
Do you believe us now,Detective Stone?
你现在相信我们了吧,斯通侦探?
Yes.I checked on Victor Chapman.
是的,我查过维克多.查尔曼,
He has a criminal record as long as ay arm.
他的犯罪记录特别多,
Where's Victor?
维克多在哪儿?
He left my office five minutes ago.
他五分钟前离开了我的办公室,
He was going to the post office to send the treaty to rich collector.
他要去邮局把条约寄给一个有钱的收藏家.
Where's he sending it? South America.
他把条约寄到哪儿? 南美.
South America! Detective Stone,you have to stop him...
南美?斯通侦探,我们得去阻止他,
or we'll never see the Stamford Treaty again!
否则我们将再也见不到斯坦福德条约了!
This is the end of lesson 10
第十课已经结束了。

分享到
重点单词
  • solvev. 解决,解答
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • treatyn. 条约,协定
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • victorn. 胜利者 Victor: 维克托(男子名)