(单词翻译:单击)
Lesson 9 You didn't have to stick your nose into police business.
你不应该干预警察的事
Detective Stone,we solved the murder.
斯通侦探,我们破了这个谋杀案了.
You what? We solved my uncle's murder.
你们什么? 我们破了我叔叔被谋杀的案子了.
That's police work.Why did you do that?
这是警察的事.你们为什么这样做?
We were trying to help.
我们只是想帮点忙.
You didn't have to stick your nose into police business.
你不要干涉警察的事.
Somebody had to work on it.You weren't doing it.I was working on other cases.
可是总得有人做这件事,而你们一直没有着手这件事.
I had to finish those first.
我正在忙其它的案子.我必须先完成那些案子.
Detective Stone,we found a new clue.We think it's important.
斯通侦探,我们又找到了一条线索.我们认为这条线索很重要.
What is it?
什么线索?
We can show in to you at the museum.Can you meet us there?
我们可以在博物馆给你看.你能去那儿与我们见面吗?
Now?...I have to go to court.
现在? ...我得去法庭.
I'll meet you at the museum in an hour.
一小时后我在博物馆见你们.
All right.I'll see you then.
好吧,回头见.
Will he meet us? Uh-huh.At the museum.
他会去找我们吗? 嗯.在博物馆.
He had to go to court first. He makes me mad.
他得先去法庭.他都要让我发疯了.
Look,Diana.He didn't have to talk to us tonight.
哎,戴安娜.他不必今晚与我们谈.
He didn't have to agree to meet us.
他也不必同意和我们见面,
I think he's doing all he can.
我想他正尽他所能去破案.
Maybe.Let's go.
也许吧,我们走.
2.This is a photo of the real treaty. Look at this mark.
这是真条约的照片,看看这个印记.
Now look at the mark on this. They're different.
现在再看看这上面的印记. 这两个不同.
Exactly.This is a fake.Someone stole the real treaty.
确实,这是个赝品,有人偷了真的条约.
The man who stole the treaty is the same man who kille dmy uncle.
这个偷条约的人就是杀害我叔叔的人,
And I know who it is.
我知道他是谁.
You mean,you think you know who it is.
你的意思是,你认为你知道谁是凶手.
Detective Stone,I know who the killer is...It's Victor Chapman.
斯通侦探,我知道凶手是谁...是维克多.查普曼.
Victor Chapman? The famous art dealer? I can't arrest him.
维克多.查普曼?著名的艺术品经销商? 我不能逮捕他.
Why not? I don't have any evidence.
为什么不能? 我没有任何证据.
Was Victor ever seen with the treaty? No,he wasn't.
有人见过维克多拿了条约吗? 不,没有.
Then you don't know that he stole it.
那你就不知道是他偷了条约,
And you shouldn't interfere with police work.
而且你不应该打扰警察的工作.
We were just looking for clues.
我们只是在寻找线索.
We were hoping to help. I guess we were wrong.
我们只是希望能有所帮助.我想我们是错了.
We know you weren't working on the murder last week.
我们知道你上周没有在办这个案子.
I wasn't sleeping on the job.I had to work on a robbery case.I had to go to court.
我不是在拖延这个案子,我得破一个抢劫案,我得去法庭,
And right now I have to get some sleep...
而且,现在我得睡一会儿...
Look,I'll start to work on your uncle's murder in the morning.
听着,明天早上我开始办你叔叔这个案子,
All right? Good night. Good night,Detective.
好吗? 晚安. 晚安,侦探.
It's up to us.
这件事得指望我们自己了.
We'll find the killer...And I know where to look.
我们会找到凶手的...我知道去哪能儿查.
This is the end of lesson 9
第九课已经结束。