(单词翻译:单击)
【双语对话】
Melanie: Pick something for yourself, Coco. I haven't gotten you anything to congratulate you on getting the new job.
宝贝,给自己挑点东西吧。 我没有给你任何东西来祝贺你获得新工作。
Coco: Really? Thank you, mom! I've had my eyes on the scarf over here. It has Van Gogh's Starry Night printed all over it.
真的吗? 妈妈,谢谢你! 我的眼睛一直盯着这里的围巾。 上面印满了梵高的《星夜》。
Melanie: I thought you might like it too. It is definitely an item of your liking.
我想你也会喜欢的。 这绝对是你会喜欢的单品。
Coco: I thought it is a bit too attention-grabbing for my usual likings. I‘m surprised that you think I would like it.
我觉得这对于我平时的喜好来说有点太引人注目了。 我很惊讶你认为我会喜欢它。
Melanie: I am not talking about the color. I see a lot of your clothes having similar texture. That's why I thought you might like it.
我不是在谈论颜色。 我看到你的很多衣服都有相似的质感。 这就是为什么我认为你可能会喜欢它。
Coco: That is true. I do like smooth and silky materials.
确实。 我确实喜欢光滑丝滑的材料。
【重点笔记】
1. I've had my eyes on … 我一直关注
I've had my eyes on that new smartphone for a while now.
我已经关注那款新智能手机有一段时间了。
2. all over it (撒的)哪里都是;完全投入
When it comes to baking, she's all over it; her cakes are amazing.
谈到烘焙,她完全掌握,她的蛋糕太棒了。
3. liking 喜好
His liking for spicy food is well known among his friends.
他对辛辣食物的喜好在他的朋友中是众所周知的。
4. attention-grabbing 引人注目的
The billboard with the bright colors is very attention-grabbing.
那个色彩鲜艳的广告牌非常引人注目。
5. texture 质地
The texture of the fabric is soft and comfortable.
这种织物的质地柔软舒适。
6. silky 丝般的
Her hair is so smooth and silky, it's like silk.
她的头发非常光滑丝般。