2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第58期:this和that的正确使用
日期:2016-09-13 18:34

(单词翻译:单击)

Hello dear learner! Today we are going to talk about the difference between ‘This and That’. "This" is used when we are pointing at or talking about someone or some object near us. "That" is used when we are pointing at or talking about someone or some object farther from us. Pause the lesson and repeat the sentence to improve your pronunciation. Make sure you listen to the vocabulary section at the end and improve your word-power.
大家好!今天我们来了解一下this和that的区别。“this”在我们指示或谈论一些距离我们较近的人或物时使用。“that”则在我们指示或是谈论离我们较远的人或物的时候使用。打开视频,跟读里面的句子来提高你的语音吧。务必在最后听一下词汇部分,提高你的词汇量。
helle: Hello Holly! Today let’s discuss the use of "this" and "that."
海莉:你好,藿莉!我们今天来谈谈“this”和“that”吧。
Holly: Sure! "This" and "that" are a singular form used to indicate people, objects and situations.
藿莉:好啊!“this”和“that”是用来指示人或物或情景的单数形式。
Michelle: "This" is used when the person or object is near to us and "that" is used when the person or object is farther from us.
马塞尔:当人或者物离我们很近的时候用“this”,而人或者物离我们比较远的时候用“that”。
Holly: This room is small. In this sentence, “this" is used to indicate the room we are in now.
海莉:这个房间很小。在这个句子中,“this”指的是我们现在呆的房间。
Michelle: Great example, Holly! The meeting room down the hall is slightly bigger; I was in that room for yesterday’s lesson.
马塞尔:这个例子很好,海莉!楼下的会议室大一点,我在那个房间上了一年课了。
Holly: You used "that" because the room is farther from us than this room we’re in now.
海莉:你用“that”是因为那个房间比我们现在所在的房间远。
Michelle: That’s right. Did you hear? There’s a new music professor. I heard he’s an excellent teacher, but that guy’s hair sure looks weird.
马塞尔:是的。你听说了吗》这里来了一名新的音乐教授。我听说他是一名非常棒的老师,但是那个人的头发一定很奇怪。
Holly: Does it? I didn’t have classes yesterday. You used "that guy" to indicate the new professor.
海莉:是吗?我昨天没有课,你用“那个人”来指新教授。
Michelle: Yes! Would you pass me that wooden jewelry box?
马塞尔:是啊!可以把那个木制首饰盒递给我吗?
Holly: Here you go! Is this the box you want?
海莉:给你,这个是你想要的吗?
Michelle: No, not this one. That box over there is the one I want. We used "this" to indicate the closer box and "that" to indicate the box that is farther away.
马赛尔:不,不是这个。在那里的那个才是我想要的。我们用“this”来指示离我们近的那一个而用“that”来指示较远的那一个。
Holly: Great explanation Michelle! This lesson has become very interesting.
海莉:马塞尔你解释得真好!这节课开始变得有趣了。
Michelle: Nice example Holly! You used “this” to refer to today’s lesson. Before I go to lunch, I need to check my makeup. Where is the washroom?
马塞尔:海莉你举得例子也很好!你用“this”来指今天的课。在我吃午饭之前,我需要补一下妆,卫生间在那里啊?
Holly: You can use this one just outside the door. That other washroom (point) at the end of the hall is under maintenance.
海莉:你可以用旁边的这个,那一个在走廊尽头的卫生间正在维修。
Michelle: Thanks Holly! Let’s listen to some sample conversations now.
马塞尔:谢谢你,海莉!我们来听一些对话范例吧!
Abandoned Bag
废弃的手袋
Kate: Hey Holly? Is this your bag? (point down)
凯特:嗨,海莉?这个是你的手袋吗?(指着)
Holly: That one’s not mine. It looks a little like mine, but it’s different.
海莉:那个不是我的。看起来有点像,但是不一样。
Kate: Someone left this bag on my desk and I’m not sure whose it is.
凯特:有人把这个手袋放在了我的桌上,我不知道这是谁的。
Holly: Did you check with that girl with the curly hair? I can’t remember her name.
海莉:你问了那个卷发的女孩了吗?我不记得她的名字了。
Kate: Oh, that is Martha! I will check with her.
凯特:哦,踏脚马萨!我去问问她。
Field Trip tradition!
户外教学的传统
Matt: This field trip was an exciting experience.
马特:这次户外教学是有趣的经历。
Michelle: Yes, it was! I loved that catamaran sea ride we had last week. It was thrilling!
马塞尔:是的,我超爱上星期的那次双划体船的经历,太刺激了!
Matt: We should do this every year and make it a tradition.
马特:我们每年都应该做这个,应该把它定为传统。
Michelle: Why not? I would never miss this experience.
马塞尔:为什么不呢?我绝对不会错过这种经历的。
Painting skills discovered!
发现了画画的技能
Kate: Wow! That is one good piece of art.
凯特:哇哦!那是一副好画作。
Matt: I painted that (point) one and also this (point to another direction) oil painting near the window. Thanks!
马特:我画了那个(指着)还有挨着窗户的这幅油画(指着另一个方向)。谢谢!
Kate: This is awesome, Matt! I never knew you could paint so well.
凯特:这简直太棒了,马特!我从来不知道你画画这么棒!
Matt: Thanks Kate! Is this shade of blue okay for the sky?
马特:谢谢你,凯特。这幅画天空蓝色的形状可以吗?
Kate: I think it’s much better than the one in that painting the other artist did.
凯特:我认为比那个画家的画里的好多了。

分享到