口腔临床英语对话(MP3+中英字幕) 第21期:牙周治疗(1)
日期:2015-12-29 18:31

(单词翻译:单击)

Part ten

第十章

Periodontal Treatment

牙周的治疗

Good morning. How are you today?

早安,今天好吗?

Just fine, except that my gums are sore. I've noticed that they bleed when I brush my teeth.

不错,只是牙龈还痛,我发现刷牙时牙龈出血。

Have you had this trouble before? Have you ever had treatment for a gum problem?

你以前有这种问题吗?你以前有没有做过牙龈治疗?

No, and I'm very worried about it.

没有做过,我可真十分担心。

牙周治疗.jpg

When your gums bleed it usually means that your teeth need a thorough cleaning. In addition, you're probably neglecting your daily home care.

牙龈出血通常表示牙齿需要全面清洗。此外,你可能对日常在家的保护注意的不够。

What do you mean by daily home care, Doctor?

医生,你说的日常在家的保护,指的是什么?

Daily home care is brushing your teeth at least once a day for a minimum of four to five minutes each time. Also, you must use dental floss every day.

日常在家的保护指的是每天至少刷一次牙,每次至少刷四到五分钟。同时你每天应该使用牙线。

Well, I try to, but I've been very busy. I've neglected my teeth for a long time.

好的,我会尽力做到的,但是我一直很忙。我有很长时间忽略了我的牙齿。

Let me examine you now.

现在我给您检查吧。

I've seen your X-rays.

我看了您的X光片。

There's abnormal recession of the gums and of the tooth supporting bone from around your teeth.

您的牙龈和支持牙龈周围的骨头都萎缩了,很不正常。

It's the jaw-bone that holds the teeth firmly in your mouth.

在口腔内有力地支持着牙齿的是颌骨。

What happens if this bone is lost?

假若用来支持牙齿的骨头消失了,会怎么样?

If the supporting bone is lost the teeth will become loose.

假若支持牙齿的骨头消失了,那么牙齿就会松动。

Loose teeth can become infected very easily.

松动的牙齿非常容易受到感染。

Look into this hand mirror. Can you see where the gums have receded?

望手镜里看,您能看见萎缩的牙龈吗?

A little bit of recession is normal when you get older.

当人的年纪大一些的时候,牙龈萎缩是正常的,

When it occurs in excessive amounts, there's a possibility that periodontitis (pyorrhea) is developing.

当牙龈过度萎缩就很可能发展成为牙周炎(牙槽脓漏)。

What's that, Doctor?

医生,那是什么?

I'll explain it to you after I finish my examination. Can you see the redness in your gums?

我给您检查后再给您解释吧,您能看到您的牙龈发红吗?

Look here. Your gums bleed in some places when I touch them.

看这里,我一碰到您的牙龈就有好几处出血。

Are the gums infected, Doctor?

我的牙龈是不是已经感染了?

No, don't worry. There's no infection. If there was infection, I'd prescribe an antibiotic.

不是,不用担心,没有感染,假如感染了我会开一份抗生素的处方。

An antibiotic isn't effective for the treatment of periodontitis.

抗生素对于治疗牙周炎并无多大效力。

Antibiotics might reduce the symptoms of chronic periodontal disease, but the benefits of antibiotics are temporary.

抗生素能减轻慢性牙周炎的症状,但是,抗生素的效力只是短暂的。

Antibiotics can't cure this condition or prevent the continual loss of gum and bone support from the teeth.

抗生素并不能治疗这种病症,也不能防止支持牙齿的牙龈及骨头的持续退缩与消失。

分享到
重点单词
  • chronicadj. 长期的,慢性的,惯常的
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt
  • additionn. 增加,附加物,加法
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • antibioticadj. 抗菌的 n. 抗生素
  • antibioticsn. 抗生素,抗生学
  • thoroughadj. 彻底的,完全的,详尽的,精心的
  • preventv. 预防,防止
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • temporaryadj. 暂时的,临时的 n. 临时工