(单词翻译:单击)
Natalie: Hello and welcome to Authentic Real English, I'm Natalie and with me today is Feifei. 欢迎做客地道英语,我是纳德利,今天和我搭档的是菲菲。
Feifei: Argh... 哎呀……
Natalie: Feifei? What's wrong? 怎么了,菲菲?
Feifei: 这个游戏我玩儿了好久,可是这一关怎么都过不去,快要疯了!Have you played this before? 你玩过吗?
Natalie: Let me see... oh yeah! That level is a piece of cake! 让我看下……哦也!这个是初级的。
Feifei: 一块儿蛋糕?Where? Did you bring cake with you today? I'm starving! Good thinking Natalie. This game is a piece of cake! 在哪儿?你今天带蛋糕来了吗?我现在正饿着呢!纳德利,你考虑得真周到。游戏就可以换一块蛋糕!
Natalie: Oh... sorry to disappoint you Feifei, but that's not exactly what I meant. 哦……菲菲,让你失望了,当时我不是真的在说蛋糕。
Feifei: What did you mean? 你是什么意思?
Natalie: Well by saying that level in the game is a piece of cake, I meant that level is really easy. 我是说你玩的这个游戏的级别是初级的,也就是说游戏很简单。
Feifei: 如果我们说什么事情是 a piece of cake 也就是说这件事情轻而易举,小菜一碟儿。So you think this level is easy?! 你觉得这个游戏简单?!
Natalie: Well, yeah! OK, here are some more examples of using the phrase a piece of cake. 嗯,是的!好,这里有一些使用这个短语的例子。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Examples
A: I'm glad that exam is over. 这高兴啊,考试结束了。
B: What are you talking about? The exam was a piece of cake! 你在说什么呢?考试很简单啊!
A: I still don't know how to use the internet, it confuses me! 我还是不知道怎么用网络,这个实在是把我弄晕了!
B: I don't know why, using it really is a piece of cake. 我也不知道什么原因,我觉得挺简单的。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natalie: So have you finished that level yet Feifei? 菲菲,你游戏过关了吗?
Feifei: Argh! No, I've had enough! (throws game down). 啊!我玩够了(不玩了)
Natalie: Look if you angle this, this way... now bring this up here... and hit the button. 看,如果你不想玩了,这样就行了,打开游戏,放轻松跟游戏按钮一决高下。
Feifei: Ahhh! 哈!
Natalie: See a piece of cake! 看多简单!