(单词翻译:单击)
对于老外,听到这些话,可能会觉得反感。但是,对于中国人,不妨好好学一下,偶尔用用,反而能增进语感,让native speaker刮目相看。
1. At the end of the day 最终;总的来说
Sure we missed our best player but at the end of the day, John, we just didn't play well enough to win the game.
我们最好的选手不能上场,但是最终来说,还是因为我们发挥得不好,所以无法赢得比赛。
2. Fairly unique 相当独特(这个短语属于过度修饰,语义不清)
I am looking for a fairly unique piece of technology.
我在寻找一种独特的技术。
3. I personally 我个人(这个短语属于同义重复)
I personally don't like her.
我不喜欢她。
4. At this moment in time 此刻(这个短语也属于语义重复)
What's your favorite song right at this moment in time?
此刻你最喜欢的歌是什么?
5. With all due respect 恕我直言;冒昧的说;我并不想冒犯
With all due respect, I think there are some facts you have not considered.
恕我直言,我想你忽略了一些事实。
6. Absolutely 绝对
It is absolutely impossible.
绝对不可能。
7. It's a nightmare 一场噩梦;太糟糕了
For Publishing, It's a Nightmare Before Christmas.
对于出版业来说,圣诞节前发生的事情就像一场噩梦。
8. Shouldn't of 这个短语等于shouldn't have,意为“不应该”,从语法看,是不正确的,但是在口头表达中经常使用。
I shouldn't of had the beer!
我不该喝啤酒
9. 24/7 不间断的;全天候的
24/7 support is a critical part of our offer.
一周7天,每天24小时的售后服务,是我们最重要的承诺。
10. It's not rocket science 显而易见的;常见的;另一种说法是it doesn't take a rocket scientist
We're talking basic common sense here - it isn't rocket science.
我们在这里说的是常识,又不是高深莫测的东西。