(单词翻译:单击)
absent-minded:心不在焉的
批评用语,批评某人做事不专心,三心二意.
A: Jack! What are you doing?
B: Nothing.
A: You're always absent-minded. 你总是心不在焉.
2.A close mouth catches no flies 口紧不招祸;祸从口出
告诫人们说话时应注意说话对象,时间,地点,话题,言多必失.
A: what do you think of Lily?
B: what do you want to know?
A: she has changed a lot and...
B: stop! A close mouth catches no flies! 打住!口紧不招祸.
3.A fox in a lamb's skin:披着羊皮的狼
比喻有些人口蜜腹剑,为了达到某种目的,把自己伪装成好朋友,在关键时刻打你个措手不及.
A: I think Tommy is the right one for the personnel manager.我觉得汤米是人事部经理的最佳人选.
B: Be careful. He's a fox in a lamb's skin. 小心点,他是个披着羊皮的狼.
4.A piece of junk 一文不值
A: Look! I've bought an antique.
B: Sorry, in my eyes, it's a piece of junk. 抱歉,在我看来,它一文不值.
5. A smooth article 八面玲珑的人
A: I prefer Jane to be my company. 我喜欢简和我作伴.
B: Me too. She's a smooth article.我也是.她是个八面玲珑的人.
6. A spanish athlete 吹牛的人
A: Alice said that she could do it better than you.
B: A spanish athlete. 她可真能吹牛.
7. All at sea 茫然不知所措
A: what do you think of your new job?
B: I'm all at sea. Perhaps you can give me some advice. 我真是茫然不知所措.或许你能给我些好建议.