(单词翻译:单击)
LESSON 9 VISITING A CANADIAN FAMILY
Dashan: Hi. Glen. It's Dashan. Thanks again for yesterday. We really enjoyed visiting your office and learning more about your company.
大山:格伦,你好。 我是大山。再次感谢你昨天的款待。我们为能拜访、加深了解你们公司感到非常高兴。
Glen: Oh, you're welcome. Everybody at Capital enjoyed meeting you and your friends. Listen, are you free this evening?
格伦:啊,不用客气。 首都电子公司的每个人都为能见到你和你的朋友感到高兴。喂,你今天晚上有空吗?
Dashan: Yes.
大山:有。
Glen: Well, how about coming over to our house for dinner? Kathy's going to make her vegetarian lasagna tonight.
格伦:那到我家来吃晚饭,怎么样?今天晚上凯西准备做素卤意大利宽面条。
Dashan: That sounds great. I'd really like to come.
大山:听起来不错,我很愿意来。
Glen: And please invite Rumei and Yunbo, too.
格伦:请邀请如梅、云波一起来。
Dashan: That's very kind of you, Glen.
大山:格伦,谢谢你。
Glen: Come around at 6:00. We're going to have an early dinner. It's a school night for Christopher.
格伦:6点左右到我这里吧。今天晚饭我们要早点吃,克里斯托弗晚上要去学校参加活动。
Dashan: Great. I'm looking forward to it. See you then. Oh, Glen, what's your address?
大山:好的,我期待着这一刻。回头见。噢,格伦,你住什么地方?
Glen: 555 North Hinton Avenue. That's Hinton near Main. Ours is the house with the big tree in front of it.
格伦:欣屯街北路555号,欣屯街挨着美因街。我们家房子前边有一棵大树。
Kathy: Hello, everyone. It's wonderful to meet you all. Please come in.
凯西:你们好。见到你们太高兴了。请进。
Rumei: These flowers are for you, Kathy.
如梅:凯西,这花是送给你的。
Dashan: And here's a bottle of wine. Thanks for your kind invitation.
大山:还有一瓶酒。谢谢你们的邀请。
Kathy: Quite welcome. The pleasure is ours.
凯西:不用客气,你们能来我们感到很荣幸。
Kathy: Sit down, please. Make yourselves at home. I'm going to get Christopher. He's doing his homework in his bedroom.
凯西:请坐吧。请不要拘束。我去把克里斯托弗叫来。他在卧室里正做作业呢。
Glen: Would anybody care for a drink before dinner? I have rum, gin, scotch, wine...
格伦:吃饭前有谁想喝点什么吗?我这儿有朗姆酒、杜松子酒、苏格兰威士忌、葡 萄酒……
Yunbo: I'll have a gin and tonic, please.
云波:我想喝点杜松子酒加苏打水。
Glen: OK.
格伦:好的。
Rumei: I'd like some ginger ale, please.
如梅:我想喝点姜汁汽水。
Dashan: Could I have a scotch on the rocks?
大山:给我点加冰块的苏格兰威士忌,好吗?
Glen: Sure.
格伦:好的。
Kathy: This is our Christopher.
凯西:这是我们的儿子,克里斯托弗。
Everybody: Hi, Christopher.
三人一起:你好。克里斯托弗。
Christopher: Hi,everybody.
克里斯托弗:你们好。
Kathy: Christopher, this is Rumei. This is Yunbo and this is Dashan. Dad and Dashan went to school together.
凯西:克里斯托弗,这是如梅,这是云波,这是大山。爸爸和大山是大学同学。
Christopher: Hi, everybody.
克里斯托弗:你们好。
Dashan: What grade are you in, Christopher?
大山:克里斯托弗,你上几年级?
Christopher: I'm in Grade Five.
克里斯托弗:我上五年级。
Kathy: Christopher's going to attend a hockey camp this summer.
凯西:克里斯托弗今年夏天要参加冰球夏令营。
Rumei: Sounds like fun.
如梅:听起来蛮有趣嘛。
Christopher: Yeah. Mom, when are we going to eat dinner? I'm hungry.
克里斯托弗:是。妈妈,我们什么时候吃晚饭啊?我饿了。
Kathy: Very soon, honey. Glen, how about taking everyone into the dining room? I'm going to take the lasagna out of the oven.
凯西:亲爱的,马上就吃饭。 格伦,你带大家到餐厅好吗?我去把面条从烤箱里取出来。
Rumei: Kathy, can I help with anything?
如梅:凯西,有什么要我帮忙的吗?
Kathy: Oh, that's all right. Just make yourself comfortable.
凯西:噢,没什么事,别拘束就行。
Glen: I think everything is just about ready now.
格伦:我看我们可以准备开饭了。
Dashan: Mmm. Everything smells delicious.
大山:啊,每道菜闻着都是那么香。
Yunbo: And it looks great, too.
云波:样子也都好看。
Kathy: Would anyone like some more lasagna?
凯西:还有谁想再吃点面条吗?
Dashan: No, thanks. I'm fine. I couldn't eat another bite.
大山:我不要,我吃饱了。 再多一口也吃不下了。
Yunbo: I'd like another piece, please. But just a small one.
云波:我想再要一块,就要一点。