(单词翻译:单击)
Good morning everyone. My name's Janet Parker and I'm the human resources manager.
各位早上好。我是Janet Parker,人力资源部经理。
We're very happy to welcome you to your new apprenticeship.
很高兴欢迎大家开始学徒期。
I hope that the next six months will be a positive and enjoyable experience for you.
希望接下来的六个月对你们而言会是积极向上、令人享受的一段经历。
I'd like to start with some general advice about being an apprentice.
我想以关于学徒的一些大致的建议开始。
Most of you have very little or no experience of working for a big organisation and the first week or so may be quite challenging.
你们很多人都没有或者是很少有在大公司工作的经验,所以第一周可能会挺有挑战性的。
There will be a lot of new information to take in but don't worry too much about trying to remember everything.
有很多新的信息需要消化吸收,但是别太担心要去记住所有的东西。
The important thing is to check with someone if you're not sure what to do
重要的是,如果你不确定要做什么的话,去和别人核实一下,
you'll find your supervisor is very approachable and won't mind explaining things or helping you out.
你会发现你的督导老师非常平易近人,非常乐于为你解释,或者是帮助你解决问题。
You're here to learn so make the most of that opportunity.
大家是来这里学习的,所以一定要充分利用那个机会。
You'll be spending time in different departments during your first week
在第一周,大家会在不同的部门待一段时间,
so make an effort to talk to as many people as possible about their work
所以一定要努力和尽可能多的人聊聊他们的工作。
you'll make some new friends and find out lots of useful information.
你会交到一些新的朋友,也会发现很多有用的信息。
As well as having a supervisor, you'll each be assigned a mentor.
除了督导老师之外,你们每个人还会分配一个导师。
This person will be someone who's recently completed an apprenticeship and you'll meet with them on a weekly basis.
这是最近刚刚完成学徒期的人,大家每周可以见到他们一次。
Their role is to provide help and support throughout your apprenticeship.
他们的角色是在你们的学徒期间提供帮助和支持。
Of course, this doesn't mean they'll actually do any of your work for you
当然了,这并不是说他们会帮你做任何的工作,
instead they'll be asking you about what goals you've achieved so far,
相反的是,他们会询问你最近已经完成了什么目标,
as well as helping you to identify any areas for improvement.
以及帮助你找出需要提升的部分。
You can also discuss your more long-term ambitions with them as well.
大家也可以和他们讨论自己更加长期的志向。