剑桥雅思12真题听力 第21期:Test3(section3-1)
日期:2017-07-14 15:20

(单词翻译:单击)

Dave, I'm worried about our case study.
Dave,我有点担心我们的案例研究。
I've done a bit of reading, but I'm not sure what's involved in actually writing a case study
我读了一点东西,但是我不确定写一个案例研究要做哪些事情,
I missed the lecture where Dr Baker talked us through it.
我错过了Baker博士给我们讲这个的讲座。
OK, well it's quite straightforward.
嗯,其实是十分简单的。
We've got our focus - that's tourism at the Horton Castle site.
我们已经有了主题,即Horton城堡的旅游业。
And you said you'd done some reading about it.
你说你已经读了一些东西。
Yes. I found some articles and made notes of the main points.
是的,我找到了一些文章,并且记下了要点。
Did you remember to keep a record of where you got the information from?
你记得要记下是从哪儿得到那些信息的吧?
Sure. I know what a pain it is when you forget that.
当然,我知道要是忘了做这事儿会多痛苦。
OK, so we can compare what we've read.
好的,那我们就能比较一下我们读过的东西了。
Then we have to decide on a particular problem or need at our site.
然后我们得定下来我们选的景点的一个具体问题或是需要。
And then think about who we're going to interview to get more information.
紧接着就是考虑为得到更多信息要采访哪些人?
OK. So who'd that be? The people who work there?
嗯,那采访哪些人呢?在那工作的人?
And presumably some of the tourists too?
或者再采访一些游客?
Yes, both those groups. So we'll have to go to the site to do that, I suppose.
是的,两者都要采访。我觉得我们得去景点做采访。
But we might also do some of our interviewing away from the site
不过我们也许也可以在景点之外做一些采访,
we could even contact some people here in the city, like administrators involved in overseeing tourism.
我们甚至可以联系一些城里的人,比如那些监管旅游业的管理者。
OK.So we'll need to think about our interview questions and fix times and places for the meetings.
嗯,我们要想一想采访的问题,还得定下采访的时间地点。
It's all going to take a lot of time.
这将会花很多时间。
Mmm. And if we can, we should ask our interviewees if they can bring along some numerical data
嗯,如果可以的话,我们应该问问受访者是否能提供一些数据,
that we can add to support our findings.
我们可以将其加入到我们的案例研究中以支持我们的发现。
And photographs? I think we have plenty of those already.
还要拍照片?我想我们已经有了很多照片了。
But Dr Baker also said we have to establish with our interviewees whether we can identify them in our case study,
Baker博士还说过我们得跟受访者确认能否在案例研究中指出他们,
or whether they want to be anonymous.
又或者他们想匿名出现。
Oh, I wouldn't have thought of that.
哦,我还没想到这一点。
OK, once we've got all this information, I suppose we have to analyse it.
一旦收集到了这些信息,我想我们就得对它进行分析。
Yes, put it all together and choose what's relevant to the problem we're focusing on,
是的,把所有信息汇总,然后选出跟我们聚焦的问题相关的
and analyse that carefully to find out if we can identify any trends or regularities there.
进行仔细分析,以了解我们是否能在其中发现任何趋势或规律。
That's the main thing at this stage, rather than concentrating on details or lots of facts.
这就是目前这个阶段的主要任务,而不是关注细节或是很多的零碎事实。
OK.And then once we've analysed that. what next?
好的,那分析完了下一步做什么呢?
Well, then we need to think about what we do with the data we've selected to make it as clear as possible to our readers.
嗯,然后我们就得思考要怎样处理选择出来的数据才能让我们的读者尽可能地了解清楚。
Things like graphs, or tables, or charts... Right.
比如说以图片或是表格的形式。对。
Then the case study itself is mostly quite standard; we begin by presenting the problem,
然后案例研究的写作就相当标准化了,我们以陈述问题开始,
and giving some background, then go through the main sections,
给出一些背景,然后开始主体部分。
but the thing that surprised me is that in a normal report
但令我惊讶的是在一份正式报告中,
we'd end with some suggestions to deal with the problem or need we identified,
我们会以一些解决问题或我们指出的需要的建议结尾,
but in a case study we end up with a question or a series of questions to our readers, and they decide what ought to be done.
但在案例研究中,我们是以向读者提出的一个或一系列的问题结尾,由读者决定该做什么。
Oh, I hadn't realised that.
哦,我还没有意识到这一点。

分享到