(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation Two
对话二
Thank you for inviting me to the gallery, Christopher.
克里斯托弗,谢谢你邀请我来画廊 。
I haven't visited here since your predecessor's retirement function.
自从你前任退休后我就没来过这里了 。
Would you like to see the newest additions to our collection First?
你想先看看我们最新的收藏品吗?
Catherine.
凯瑟琳 。
Are those the landscapes?
这些是风景吗?
By Danielle Gregory?
丹尼尔·格雷戈里?
I absolutely adore her work.
我非常崇拜她的作品 。
This first piece was a gift to the gallery from the artist herself, and it's quite exquisite.
第一件作品是艺术家本人送给画廊的礼物,非常精美 。
I love how she depicts the barren landscape.
我喜欢她描绘荒芜风景的方式 。
The colors compliment each other perfectly.
这些颜色相互辉映 。
You can sense the desolation in the picture.
你能感觉到画中的荒凉 。
This piece was inspired by Gregory's recent trek in the Goy Desert.
这件作品的灵感来自格雷戈里最近在戈壁沙漠的长途跋涉 。
And how did you obtain her other piece over here?
那你是怎么得到她这边的另一件作品的?
It was purchased at auction by an anonymous collector who lent it to the gallery for display.
是一位匿名收藏家在拍卖会上买下的,他把它借给画廊展出 。
This composition is one of her most acclaimed paintings.
这幅作品是她最受好评的画作之一 。
It must have cost that collector a small fortune to purchase this.
那位收藏家一定花了不少钱才买到这个 。
Obviously, I can't disclose the exact amount he paid, but it was substantial.
显然,我不能透露他支付的确切金额,但这是一笔可观的金额 。
There's so much detail in this painting.
这幅画中有很多细节 。
I feel like I can really immerse myself in the scene.
我觉得我可以真正地沉浸在场景中 。
I particularly like the symmetry created by the reflection of the mountain in the lake.
我特别喜欢山在湖中被反射时的对称感 。
This particular piece was the one that was nominated for a gateway award.
这个特别的作品被提名为门户奖 。
I was lucky enough to attend the award ceremony as Gregory's guest.
我有幸作为格雷戈里的嘉宾参加了颁奖典礼 。
So you know her personally, I assume she's an eccentric artist.
所以你认识她,我猜她是个古怪的艺术家 。
Quite the opposite.
恰恰相反 。
In fact, she's not at all eccentric.
事实上,她一点也不古怪 。
I would say she's one of the most easygoing and intelligent people I know.
我想说她是我认识的最随和、最聪明的人之一 。
I'd love to be able to meet her.
我希望能见到她 。
There are so many questions I'd like to ask.
我有很多问题想问 。
What a coincidence.
太巧了 。
I'm meeting her for dinner tonight.
我今晚要和她一起吃晚饭 。
Would you like to come along?
你愿意一起来吗?
I'd love to.
我很乐意 。
thank you.
谢谢你!
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚听到的对话回答问题5到问题8 。
Question 5: What do we learn about one of the newest additions to the gallery's collection?
问题5:我们能从画廊最新的藏品中了解到什么?
Question 6: What does the man say about one of the most acclaimed paintings by Daniel Gregory?
问题6:关于丹尼尔·格雷戈里最受欢迎的一幅画,男士说了什么?
Question 7: Why does the woman say she can feel immersed in the scene in the painting?
问题7:为什么这位女士说她可以沉浸在画中的场景中?
Question 8: How does the man describe Danielle Gregory?
问题8:这位男士是如何描述丹妮尔·格雷戈里的?