(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation One
对话一
How's your dissertation going?
你的论文进行得怎么样了?
I'm proof reading my first draft.
我正在校对我的初稿 。
And we'll submit it to my professor tomorrow.
我们明天需要交给教授 。
Oh, I haven't even started writing mine yet.
哦,我还没开始写我的呢 。
So I'm really worried about finishing by the end of next semester.
所以我真的很担心下学期结束前完成学业 。
You mean you haven't even begun yours yet?
你是说你还没开始?
The final draft is due in five months.
终稿要在五个月内上交 。
Of course I've started it, but I can't get to the writing yet, as I haven't found enough resources to use.
我当然已经开始了,但是我还没有开始写内容,因为我没找到足够的资源来使用 。
So I'm still researching the topic.
所以我还在研究这个话题 。
Maybe the problem is the way you're doing your research.
也许问题出在你做研究的方式上 。
I started by talking to my professor about where to look for information.
我一开始和教授谈论去哪里寻找信息 。
And based on that, I found books in the library and a lot of reputable journal articles on the internet.
在此基础上,我在图书馆里找书,在网上找了很多有名的期刊文章 。
I've tried all that, but don't have enough to write the dissertation.
我都试过了,但是不够写论文 。
As my department's minimum length is 70 pages.
因为我们系要求最少篇幅是70页 。
I think the problem is that my topic isn't viable.
我认为问题在于我的主题不可行 。
And honestly, my professor did warn me at the beginning, that I might not be able to find enough material.
老实说,我的教授一开始确实警告过我,我可能找不到足够的材料 。
But I was so interested in the topic that I didn't let his advice deter me.
但我对这个话题非常感兴趣,所以我没有听他的建议 。
Well, I suggest you find a new topic.
嗯,我建议你找一个新的话题 。
After all, our professors are here to guide us so it's best to listen to them.
毕竟,我们的教授是来指导我们的,所以最好还是听他们的 。
In retrospect, I wish I had listened to him, but I didn't.
回想起来,我希望我当时听了他的话,但我没有 。
And now I don't want to give up my topic, as I've already invested so much time and energy.
现在我不想放弃我的主题,因为我已经投入了这么多的时间和精力 。
If you're committed to your current topic, maybe you could make some adjustments rather than abandoning it completely.
如果你坚持你现在的主题,也许你可以做一些调整,而不是完全放弃它 。
What is your topic?
你的主题是什么?
It's depictions of femininity in folklore from the south of the country.
是国家南部民间传说中对女性气质的描述 。
That's pretty narrow.
太狭隘了 。
You could find more material if you made the topic broader maybe by including other kinds of depictions.
如果你把话题扩大,囊括其他类型的描述,或许可以找到更多的材料 。
Broadening the topic is a great idea.
拓宽话题是个好主意 。
I'll start by including folklore from other regions of the country.
我将从这个国家其他地区的民间传说开始 。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚听到的对话回答问题1到问题4 。
Question 1: What does the woman say about her dissertation?
问题1:关于她的论文,这位女士说了些什么?
Question 2: What does the man say about his professor?
问题2:关于他的教授,男士说了些什么?
Question 3: What does the woman say about her professor?
问题3:关于她的教授,这位女士说了什么?
Question 4: What do we learn the woman will do to complete her dissertation?
问题4:我们了解到这位女士将如何完成她的论文?