1. I should like to rent a house， modern， comfortable and _B_ in a quiet neighborhood.
A all in all B above all C after all D over all
all in all 总而言之;above all 首先，尤其是;after all 毕竟，终究;overall 全面的，总体的
in a word 总之，in short 简而言之，in conclusion 最后，总之，to sum up总之，总而言之。
2. _B_ we have finished the course， we shall start doing more revision work.
A For now B Now that C Ever since D By now
now that 既然，由于(相当于since); ever since 自从…以来。
now that 既然，由于; in that 因为; except that 除…之外。
3. What you have done is _D_ the doctor’s orders.
A attached to B responsible to C resistant to D contrary to
be attached to 连接，附属; This school is attached to Beida. 这所学校附属于北大。
responsible to 对…负有责任; resistant adj. 反抗的，抵抗的; water resistant 防水的。
be contrary to 与。。相反(相违背)。
4. John regretted _A_ to the meeting last week.
A not going B not to go C not having been going D not to be going
regret doing 后悔做过某事; regret to do sth. 遗憾的做某事(应用语境非常有限)。
5. We regret to inform you that the materials you ordered are _B_.
A out of work B out of stock C out of reach D out of practice
out of work 失业; out of reach 够不着 within reach 够得着; out of practice 缺乏练习。
1. Mrs. Brown is supposed _A_ for Italy last week.
A to have left B to be leaving C to leave D to have been left
be supposed to do sth. 应该(理应)做某事。
2. He’s watching TV? He’s _D_ to be cleaning his room.
A known B considered C regarded D supposed
regard as 把…认作
3. My camera can be _B_ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A treated B adjusted C adopted D remedied
treat 对待，处理; I’ll treat you. 我请客，应用于真正请客之前。It’s on me. 应用于结帐时。
adjust vt. 调整，调节; adopt vt. 收养，领养; remedy vt. 弥补，补救，修正;
4. A new technique _C_， the yields as a whole increased by 20 percent.
A working out B having worked out
C having been worked out D to have been worded out
yields 产量; work out 作出，推出
increase to 80 percent 增加到80% (增加到用to)
increase by 60 percent增加了60% (表示增加的幅度用by)
5. Between 1974 and 1997， the number of overseas visitors expanded _A_ 27%.
A by B for C to D in