(单词翻译:单击)
Interviewer: Designer Sandwiches are the perfect choice, then ... if you’re living in Leeds!
采访者:如果你住在利兹的话,“设计师三明治”是最好的选择!
Now Geraldine, how did you start your own business?
杰拉尔丁,你是怎么开始自己的生意的?
Geraldine Holmes: Well, it was by accident, really.
杰拉尔丁·福尔摩斯:这是一个偶然,真的。
I planned to train as a journalist, but I got an office job to earn some money first.
我原计划接受记者培训,但我先找了份办公室工作来赚钱。
There were no places to buy a cheap snack near where I worked.
在我工作的地方附近,没有地方买到便宜的小吃。
My colleagues used to complain about this.
我的同事常常抱怨这件事。
So I thought there's an excellent idea here and I made a start immediately.
所以我觉得这是一个好主意,我马上就开始了。
Interviewer: And how did you finance the business when you started?
采访者:你刚开始的时候是如何为公司融资的?
Geraldine Holmes: Well, you have to understand that I began in a very small way!
杰拉尔丁·福尔摩斯:嗯......你要知道,我一开始规模很小!
So I really didn’t need a loan from the bank.
所以我真的不需要银行贷款。
I used to fill a basket with about forty sandwiches, sell them in local offices, and, when the basket was empty, make some more.
我过去常常在一个篮子里装满大约四十个三明治,在当地的办公室里出售,篮子空了时,就再做一些。
The little money I’d saved bought the first ingredients, and after that, I always had cash coming in, so there was no need for my parents to help either.
我存下一点钱,买了第一批原料,之后,就总是有现金流入,所以也不需要我父母的帮助了。
Interviewer: Very low risk! Was it difficult to develop the business though?
采访者:风险很低!但经营这项业务是否困难?