(单词翻译:单击)
Man: Let's start with head office, shall we? Or one of the regions?
男:我们是从总公司开始吗?还是从其中一个地区开始?
Woman: Well, we've got to start somewhere. How about the south-western branch office?
女:嗯,我们得从某个地方开始,西南分公司怎么样?
Man: Uh-huh. And then spread to everywhere else later.
男:嗯,然后再散播到其他地方 。
Woman: Right. Now, how are they going to get their suggestions to us?
女:对 。那他们如何向我们提出建议?
Man: However they want.
男:他们想用什么方法都行 。
Woman: What, even by phone?
女:什么,甚至是打电话吗?
Man: Oh, I see what you mean, could be pretty disruptive -
男:哦,我明白你的意思了,这样可能会很混乱,
Woman: If we get a lot... or memos -
女:如果我们接到很多电话或备忘录呢,
Man: Would be good. They're simple, direct... in a box, maybe, in Reception -
男:那就好了 。它们既简单又直接,放在一个盒子里,可以搁在接待处,
Woman: But then we'd be putting off any people who don't go in there -
女:不去接待处的人就没法提建议了,
Man: True. OK, they can send them to us then. Well, I hope this is going to work!
男:对 。他们可以把建议寄给我们 。好吧,我希望这能奏效!
Woman: Bound to. It's not a question of whether it works, but how well!
女:一定会的 。问题不在于它是否有效,而在于效果如何!
We'll need to evaluate it,of course, for the board. They'll want to know how much money we think we're saving.
当然,我们需要为董事会进行评估 。他们会想知道我们能省多少钱 。
Man: But I don't think we'll know that exactly for some time yet.
男:但我想我们还不能完全确定 。
Woman: The same's true for quality issues, too.
女:质量问题也一样 。
Man: Hmm. We could just give an initial report on how many ideas we receive in the first month, or something like that.
男:嗯 。我们可以先报告第一个月收到了多少意见,或类似的内容 。
Woman: That's the most realistic aim, and it should be enough to start with.
女:这是最现实的目标,应该可以开始了 。